Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:47 pm

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

Forum rules

Please don't create ANOTHER topic of a question that already exists look for an akin posts/forum.
For example 'Coping music' will be best posted under 'Exporting/Importing Forum'.
Any duplicate posts will be deleted without a reply.
This will make it easier for other users' to find solutions to their queries.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:25 pm 

I can use the webinterface via my laptop and notice the sound comes out of my system via speakers. Is there an option where I can use web interface and listen to the music via headphones connected to my laptop?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:51 pm 

Why not access the songs from a laptop via SMB or media devices [Network link on windows].
Similar structure for mac & linux etc

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:40 pm 

stane wrote:
Why not access the songs from a laptop via SMB or media devices [Network link on windows].
Similar structure for mac & linux etc

Thank you for your reply, what my primary purpose is to use the Cocktail X10 web interface using my headphones connected to my laptop (because the Cocktail Audio X10 & speakers are situated in a different room) so I can create my own play list. Will SMB or media devices do that? I have no idea what SMB or media devices do; all I want to do is create my own playlist using the web interface in a different room by using the headphones connected to my lap top. I am a bit of a dinosaur when it comes to modern computer digital musical services, however I am very good at following procedures and instructions....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:07 pm 

Thanks Romulus,
Well you didn't mention the laptop OS you had.
Most media devices such as the pro x100 or x10 have similar features.
I now use the pro x100 as my old x10 wasn't stable, but if you go to your network folder on your laptop (windows), open media devices the x10 would show - then you can click the player (windows media) to play the songs you have with all the playlists etc.
SMB (SAMBA) is the term used to describe the way (protocol) you acess content through a windows device. There are other versions too ...
Another option would be using VLC or monkey media, foobar etc to access the songs on the x10.
So you make a directory on these media player (software) & link them to the X10 by adding a folder (eg \\X10\music).