Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:45 pm

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:19 am 

Admin wrote:
Hi Christina,
Just use the (23) Phones jack - Jack (Micro system) to Jack (X10).

Christina,

The alternative that admin has suggested here is a cable like this ....
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqSXFG9tQ98gdYLOtqkxOVHBZRiJCxx1LEVfXIS_-uL-Id1OtM
For this you leave the turntable plugged in to the Sony system, then use this to plug the X10 into the headphone socket on the front of the Sony system (it's marked 23 on the diagram in the manual that you sent the link for. With this, you can also put cassettes on the X10

Last edited by cajordan on Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:19 pm 

Hope this will help u get the gist

Hi Admin and cajordan

Thank you. The connector worked for recording vinyl from turntable! Wonderful sound quality through the Cocktail Speakers and you know how old vinyl is! I will also get the stereo audio jack cable to record cassettes/LP from the Sony system. I really appreciate the advice on this forum. I have another question but will go to the correct topic.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:16 pm 

Got the stereo jack to jack cable and was able to record LP and Cassettes through Sony Hi Fi to X10. I will have to do some vinyl and tape cleaning but the sound quality was surprisingly good considering how old they are! Many thanks for all the advice.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:26 pm 

Christina wrote:
Got the stereo jack to jack cable and was able to record LP and Cassettes through Sony Hi Fi to X10. I will have to do some vinyl and tape cleaning but the sound quality was surprisingly good considering how old they are! Many thanks for all the advice.

Well done, were you able to understand the tagging and MUSIC DB and browser stuff?
I find the RCA to turntable much better, jack to jack is just too dire for me. :|
Auxiliary recording has a lot of issues with the current firmware, the Admin said the new firmware is imminent.
Do you record long streams or track by track? :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:05 pm 

Stane wrote

Well done, were you able to understand the tagging and MUSIC DB and browser stuff?
I find the RCA to turntable much better, jack to jack is just too dire for me. :|
Auxiliary recording has a lot of issues with the current firmware, the Admin said the new firmware is imminent.
Do you record long streams or track by track? :)

I just bought the cable this afternoon and just recorded a small amount of a track to test. I'll record RCA to turntable and jack to jack to compare and let you know how the quality. In addition to the manual I learnt a lot about tagging, Music DB and the browser by searching through this forum and the You Tube videos are good. Not used a forum before and can't figure out when posting a reply why I can't highlight the message I am replying to? It just shows text and the words bold or font or colour!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:33 pm 

Jack to Jack through Sony hi if has been very hit and miss for both vinyl and cassettes. Sometimes I can hear it coming through speakers and then record and then other times can't hear it at all. RCA connection with turntable works everytime. Is this because of the freezing problem that I know you are working on?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:02 pm 
Site Admin

Christina wrote:
Jack to Jack through Sony hi if has been very hit and miss for both vinyl and cassettes. Sometimes I can hear it coming through speakers and then record and then other times can't hear it at all. RCA connection with turntable works everytime. Is this because of the freezing problem that I know you are working on?

Actually no, the freezing thing is the processing of the file via the firmware.
You could use an old FW and it will be fine.
The problem with LP/cassettes......records are the volume control (low/high/noise....).
You could use a jack/jack or RCA/jack, but ensure the sound out put is fine.
The issue with recording from another source is knowing the output quality :)
See--->:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=571

ref: http://sound.westhost.com/project06.htm

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:55 pm 

Thank you for your answer. Is FW abbreviation for Firmware?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:59 pm 
Site Admin

Yes, sorry too lazy to type "firmware". :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:52 pm 

Just thought I would give an update for aux recording of cassettes and vinyl with jack to jack through hi fi system. I found a great cleaner for vinyl and a cleaner for the cassette tape head. The recording quality of the X10 is brilliant. Just recorded a 1971 cassette and had really good quality. Don't know if you allow me to give the names of the cleaners but if you agree I will put them in the tips section. Thank you again for all your help.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next