Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:22 am

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:26 pm 

Hi

Here is a photo so you can see the cable.[img][/[IMG]http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s414/Tibs15/IMG_0099.jpg[/img]]

Attachments:
IMG_0099.jpg
IMG_0099.jpg [ 119.95 KiB | Viewed 14432 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:30 pm 
Site Admin

Plug the converter into the other bit & then the X10, This will record the LP.
For the cassettes u might need to use the Jack-jack, since the sound will be rendered from the Sony mini system.
(ok, even if u don't have a pre-amp, u can always use the jack-to-jack for LP & cassettes and any other). :idea:

Attachments:
AUX_exh.jpg
AUX_exh.jpg [ 36.79 KiB | Viewed 14416 times ]
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:33 am 

Hi

Thanks for the photos I know what you mean but I would still not be able to connect if I bought those cables as there are no sockets for them on the turntable or the Hi Fi. I attach photos to show what I mean. The turntable has no sockets as you can see. The hi fi photo shows the jacks red and white from the turntable plugged in (the Sony speakers are disconnected just for the photo). I have bought the excellent Cocktail speakers for the X10 and they give wonderful sound quality for radio and CD.

Attachments:
IMG_0101.jpg
IMG_0101.jpg [ 30.03 KiB | Viewed 14408 times ]
IMG_0100.jpg
IMG_0100.jpg [ 48.38 KiB | Viewed 14408 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:41 am 
Site Admin

Yes - You can even use the turntable alone & it will work.
(Using turntable alone will record your LPs)
The sound will be rendered thru the X10 speakers (if not connected to an AMP/DAC).
What is the connection(device) behind the micro system please (RCA - red/white)?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:21 pm 

Yes - You can even use the turntable alone & it will work.
(Using turntable alone will record your LPs)
The sound will be rendered thru the X10 speakers (if not connected to an AMP/DAC).
What is the connection(device) behind the micro system please (RCA - red/white)?[/b]

You are very patient with me, thank you. Turntable - The red plug is is marker R and the white one is marked L (Audio) these are from the turntable to behind the micro system (connection (device) and then I would play LP through the micro system before I got X10. You say I could record LPs from the turntable alone so in the back of the X10 where would I plug in the red plug and where would I plug in the white one?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:55 pm 
Site Admin

Actually you can do the whole recording by using the jack-to-jack (LP/Cassettes/any other)- from the picture above (this way the turntable & sony micro system will all be linked)
Or
For just LP (with the turntable), just use the RCA-to-JACK (female connection), from the picture. The cable is cheap from shops (no more than £3-£5).
Connect the turntable's RED/WHITE(RCA-JACK male end - from your turntable (your picture)) into the RED/WHITE(RCA-JACK female) - pictured above.
Thus the JACK end into the X10 & Voila.
Don't forget the power cable from the turntable.
Then follow the instructions to record.....
Hope u get the gist now.
If you are still not sure, just connect whatever u have & post a picture ok (u will be fine :) just connect stuff)?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:36 pm 

I completely understand you but what I am trying to explain is that the other end of the the cable with the red and white plugs is fixed ( wired ) in the turntable so do not have a jack end and there is no socket for the correct cable that I need to use to record from the turntable.

I agree that I could record from hi fi with a jack to jack cable but the hi fi does not have a socket for a jack cable only the two sockets for red and white plugs, the fm aerial,optical line out and the speakers connections.I have to accept that my system does not have the sockets required as it's too old. I was wanting to get rid of it and my vinyl and cassettes and just use the X10 which is a great piece of kit. Appreciate all your advice but it can't be done.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:45 pm 
Site Admin

Still confused - I know it is fixed, that is how the devices are made, but in order to record your LPs (with a turntable) you can't connect the male connections (RED/WHITE - your picture) into X10 without converting the RED/WHITE end of your turntable into a jack end.
Thus you look at the picture i have uploaded and connect the female (RCA-to-jack) into the RCA-to-jack of your turntable. This will leave the jack bit, which ought to be connected to the X10's AUX (line in) - voila. :idea:
(You are thinking too much, just connect........ :) )

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:43 pm 
Site Admin

Hope this will help u get the gist :)
(Sorry mistakenly deleted ur reply)

Attachments:
AUX_REC2.jpg
AUX_REC2.jpg [ 24.41 KiB | Viewed 14399 times ]
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:10 pm 

Brilliant! That's the part I could not understand. I'll go and get it tomorrow and take the picture with me. I'll let you know when I have set up (if you are interested). Thank you so much.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next