Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:01 am

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:52 pm 

I have got the X10 all working well with the latest FW. The X10 has the wireless dongle and does seem to work OK, ie can be view on the Android pad (galaxy tab) or the desktop pc, via the GUi screen. Often the link seems to freeze but I believe this is more the wireless side of things). I can use the pad to act as a remote as well OK.

What I cant seem to get to work is a way to stream the music which is stored on the X10 to either the Galaxy pad or the desk top. I can download a music track to the pad or pc but how to get streaming to work? Will it work with windows XP, and media player Version 9.

Any help please !!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:33 pm 

First you will need to check that the UPnP services are enabled:
On the X10 press Setup then select Network Services followed by UPnP Server
Select On and Press OK.

This should enable all the streaming services on the X10.

Next install an streaming client on your Galaxy tab like the recommended Eyecontroller (or search for free UPnP players on the android marketplace.

Once you run the client on the tablet you should be able to see the X10 and stream the music to the tablet or even control playlists on the X10 and use the tablet to fully control the X10.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:31 pm 

Many thanks....is there a suitable program for a win XP desktop pc?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:53 pm 

I think Media Player 11 is supposed to work.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:32 pm 

OK, I have Windows media player 11, but still haven't found a way to stream/play music from the X10 to the pc, any ideas?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:31 pm 
Site Admin

RaT wrote:
OK, I have Windows media player 11, but still haven't found a way to stream/play music from the X10 to the pc, any ideas?

Why not try upnp, if you can't config the windows media.
It should pop up at "Network", if its on the same LAN (network).
Lots of media players can be used - foobar, VLC..........

Attachments:
music_upnp.jpg
music_upnp.jpg [ 108.73 KiB | Viewed 4292 times ]
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:51 pm 

hi
Also a novice requring some help please
When I bought my X10 in Richer Sounds and asked about streaming Spotify via the player I was told that this can happen - but I see nothing on the site or forum which indicates this is true.
I've been able to set up my home network fine and can view the X10 on my laptop via the GUI (if that's what its called). UpnP is set up, and I've transferred files to the X10 via Samba server - so all that side of Network things seems to work ok.
Only thing is that I thought my laptop should show up under the 'Browser' function when local Network is joined up - and this does not happen
I can play the music files on my X10 on my laptop ie out of the laptop speakers. But my query is about doing the opposite....

I have Spotify on my laptop and want to stream it via the X10, and therefore thru the nice speakers connected to it. I've checked Spotify settings and there doesn't seem to be a way to do this. So I can only stream Spotify out of my puny laptop speakers at the moment.
Was I just misinformed then at Richer Sounds?
Is this something specific to Spotify - are there other streaming services where this is enabled for the X10?
Or would it depend on Spotify upgrading their software?
thanks

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:01 am 

Spotify is an external service.
Unless it is added to the "internet service", you have to stream through the AUX.
The device is a stream/ripper, any external services will have to be added by the manufacturer –via "i service" menu.
Have you read the firmware notes on the latest firmware?
http://cocktailaudio.co.uk/firmware/Fir ... _final.pdf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:54 pm 

keiths wrote:
hi
Also a novice requring some help please
When I bought my X10 in Richer Sounds and asked about streaming Spotify via the player I was told that this can happen - but I see nothing on the site or forum which indicates this is true.
I've been able to set up my home network fine and can view the X10 on my laptop via the GUI (if that's what its called). UpnP is set up, and I've transferred files to the X10 via Samba server - so all that side of Network things seems to work ok.
Only thing is that I thought my laptop should show up under the 'Browser' function when local Network is joined up - and this does not happen
I can play the music files on my X10 on my laptop ie out of the laptop speakers. But my query is about doing the opposite....

I have Spotify on my laptop and want to stream it via the X10, and therefore thru the nice speakers connected to it. I've checked Spotify settings and there doesn't seem to be a way to do this. So I can only stream Spotify out of my puny laptop speakers at the moment.
Was I just misinformed then at Richer Sounds?
Is this something specific to Spotify - are there other streaming services where this is enabled for the X10?
Or would it dephend on Spotify upgrading their software?
thanks
Hi Keiths, as the X10 has recently stated in the latest firmware release that they are offering a (non-UK at present) streaming service similar to Spotify, I can't see Spotify being available anytime soon. I was also hoping for Spotify availability too. At present I listen to Spotify via Virgin Media TV App, which, as my is TVs sound is through my 5.1 system sounds great. Other options are Spotify through Smart TV, or through a Smart Blu-ray player. If you are only able to listen through your laptop, one solution (although pricey) would be to use a USB DAC such as Audioquest Dragonfly (£200+) and then hook up some decent desktop speakers to your laptop. (Probably another £100 or so). That would sound awesome i'm sure but is an expensive way to get there. Regards.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:27 pm 

Hi Admin,

Can you have a quick test to see if it works with foobar 1.3.3?

I have foobar 1.3.3 installed and it can discover X10. However, it is not able to show any content inside. Thanks.

Attachments:
File comment: foobar 1.3.3
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG [ 61.33 KiB | Viewed 2943 times ]