Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:45 am

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:22 pm 

Dear All

I have just changed my internet service provider and have received a new modem, an ASUS DSL-N14U.

I have successfully connected my laptop using wireless, sent this post using it and also my ipad.

My X10 is situated next to my router and I use a wired connection, to the 'old' router a Technicolor TG582n all was well, I had internet radio and could add album art cover.

So I switched the ethernet wire from X10 to new router and turned on X10 the LAN port on new router lit and stayed lit but no i-service in green

I went to Setup menu - Network and checked Wired Setup - Static DHIP (Auto IP) is ticked

Network Info - IP Address, Net Mask, Gateway, DNS Server, Mac Addr - All are completed with data but still no i-service

I the tried switching off my X10 and the new router, waiting a few minutes then restarting router and again after a few minutes my X10 still no i-service.

So I then switched back to old router and i-service is back in green and working, so i then checked Network Info and the only difference in data is:

IP address last two digits different (presume this is set by router) and Gateway which on new router is 192.168.1.1 and on old router is dsldevice.lan

I tried to search a method to change Gateway but it seems only possible to enter numbers in this field from the remote when Static IP is selected.

Maybe I have missed a step in setting up a router, I presumed wired was just 'plug and play'

Just a little further info. when I try to access my X10 from my laptop using IP address and DBtool all is well, I can select music from it, choose and play, so router appears to be working but I cannot figure out what 'step' I have missed for i-Service radio.

Any ideas on what to do to fix will be very much appreciated

Thank you in appreciation of any help

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:15 pm 

Old posts here:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1296&start=10&hilit=gateway%2A

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:20 pm 

Hello Stane

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction to solving my issue

"Set DNS to 208.67 .222.222, and voila it works. I service now coloured and via I radio stations available.
Still functioning after shut down/power up, new DNS number still in use, all ok".

Prior to trying this I did contact my broadband provider (a similar path taken by X10 users with same problem) who helped me access my router and change some settings, none of which got my wired connection working.

So thanks again for your help, wired connection working fine with DNS set as above.