Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:35 pm

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 11:39 am 

Hi. I've been using my Cocktail Audio Pro X100 for a few months now, and one recurring problem is whenever there is a 'rescanning database' event, it sticks on one track/album (virtually always the same one, Oleta Adams, Circle of One for some reason - but occasionally other albums have been the one where it sticks). I can 'fix' it by aborting the scan, unchecking the boxes by the blank field in the media scanning list (media, pictures, video, which are automatically 'checked' by the software), and re-scanning manually.
This happens after, for example, I have modified the details in the folder for the album (corrected spelling errors, cleansing any badly ripped info etc.)
Sometimes when I am modifying the metadata, re-scanning takes place, automatically, without the sticking problem, but only sometimes)
I also wonder if there is an app that will manage the import and management of artwork and track names better than manually correcting errors, which is time consuming
I'm a moderately amateur user, so simple answers would be appreciated

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 11:55 pm 

Interesting, you didn't mention whether the albums were ripped or imported ? (i suppose it doesn't matter)
1. I think if you import new albums the system creates a cache to help with quick access...over the network.
That is why sometimes the songs can play even if the files are not pointed for a few seconds before it realised the folders do not exist or the songs have been moved.

2. Also when you stated "modify", did you mean the metadata or just editing it manually? Editing the metadata would tag the files but if you just modify the names or spelling then, the Pro X100 would probably read the intrinsic details (metadata) only under the category & not the modification. I think that is where your problem lies. Therefore the system might have a cached song & a renamed song until it refreshes.
(If the editing wasn't done with a metadata editor).

2b. At the category section "MUSIC FOLDER" shows the exact files if using the web-interface or the squeezer App. It doesn't sort by metadata.

3. If you look at the link below, i know it is a different scenario but the NUMBER 2 (rescan media library) section could be selected to refresh & remove all old art covers & metadata....
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1778

cheers

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 1:18 pm 

Thanks Stane, for the reply - but I confess I got a bit lost there! :D
I had ripped the album, but as you say, that shouldn't matter
I'll step through your reply and see if I can impelment the link advice - many thanks

Best