Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:03 pm

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 6:25 am 

In the 4 months I had my X100 I've successfully uploaded 1800 CDs so far however the drive is no longer visible on my network although I can see the device is on the network (router lists it as identified and connected).

The Cocktail and Logitech web interface comes up as either "refused to connect" or "unable to handle this request" on whatever device I use (laptops, ipad, android phone). The box is still active in that the light is on and when I put a CD in it goes through the usual motions, there's just no way I can access it.

I've tried re-booting several times (short, long and very long press on the on/off button), leaving it off over night and re-booting, ripping CDs to get it to wake up on the network but nothing is getting to it.

Anyone have any ideas on what should I do now given I can't access its settings etc?

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:59 am 

1. Can you access the web-interface ICONS via the IP?
2. Reboot the router "only" also check if the router is blocking the X100 .
3. Can you run the update button on the web-GUI?
Are you using LAN or WIFI ?

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:19 am 

tech1a wrote:
1. Can you access the web-interface ICONS via the IP?
2. Reboot the router "only" also check if the router is blocking the X100 .
3. Can you run the update button on the web-GUI?
Are you using LAN or WIFI ?

Hi, thanks for responding.
1. the only access I can get is the "www.mycocktailaudio.co.uk" as per the attached picture. When I click on 'Manage' it gets me to :"currently unable to handle this request". There are no icons because it can't reach the, or any, page.
2. Forgot to mention I'd re-booted the router a couple of times too. The router doesn't suggest it's blocked (screen shot of settings is the other attached file)
3. Would if I could but it doesn't give me the web-GUI (other than that shown in the attached picture)

The device is wired and I've checked the wired connection with my laptop so I know that's working ok.

Attachments:
Cocktail Audio screen.JPG
Cocktail Audio screen.JPG [ 47.9 KiB | Viewed 241 times ]
Router connection to X100.JPG
Router connection to X100.JPG [ 90.23 KiB | Viewed 241 times ]
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 2:57 pm 

Hmm interesting, something on the network is blocking the x100 from connecting to the WAN.
Have you always used the same router?
Do a simple test with the stable "squeezer app (Android version)", it will connect to the X100 & show the menu etc
Can you view the folders from the laptop - eg \\COCKTAILAUDIO or \\192... or Network->CocktailAudio or Mapped drive or other SAMBA options?
Last option would be to reset the router but you may have to set your wifi password again

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 3:08 pm 

Are you able to play music through any of the supported apps or (any app) through the LAN - local network?
Is the IP always the same for the X100?
I noticed you have same IP option & the DHCP too, perhaps you have an IP conflict? :idea:
Can you view the music directories on the pro x100 through your pc or laptop or phone?
Cheers

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 4:03 pm 

You could try a simple test via the hdmi...just boot with the pro-x100 connected to a monitor via the hdmi.
You should get a login or sometimes port connectors messages.
If you get anything else just post it here -type it, much quicker.
You will get a rough idea of what is causing the connnection issue if it is from the box.
Also try swapping the ports on the router & see what happens - such as switching the ethernet cables connected to the router?

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 5:12 pm 

ajct wrote:
Hmm interesting, something on the network is blocking the x100 from connecting to the WAN.
Have you always used the same router?
Do a simple test with the stable "squeezer app (Android version)", it will connect to the X100 & show the menu etc
Can you view the folders from the laptop - eg \\COCKTAILAUDIO or \\192... or Network->CocktailAudio or Mapped drive or other SAMBA options?
Last option would be to reset the router but you may have to set your wifi password again

Thanks SlimDJ. Router has been the same throughout. I've just tried the Squeezer app but it couldn't find the server. when I typed in the address

The X100 doesn't show up on the network at all via either laptop I have however, following FarrUK's query I've found that I can play the music on the X100 through my Sonos Play 3! Yet I can't see it on the network?!

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 5:17 pm 

FarrUK wrote:
Are you able to play music through any of the supported apps or (any app) through the LAN - local network?
Is the IP always the same for the X100?
I noticed you have same IP option & the DHCP too, perhaps you have an IP conflict? :idea:
Can you view the music directories on the pro x100 through your pc or laptop or phone?
Cheers

Thanks FarrUK. On your suggestion I've just tried playing content on my Sonos 3 and it works fo some reason. The Sonos can see it but nothing else can, laptops can't see its network folders or it even, but the Sonos can play it (I've tried turning off the X100 whilst playing tracks on the Sonos to double check and sure enough the music stopped and re-started when I turned it back on and clicked on play)!

The IP has always been the same (even saved to favourites), I've not actively changed any network settings (ain't that clever).

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 5:29 pm 

@gabrielbowen, thanks, if you can play on the sonos then the device is visible on the network.
Sometimes windows can take a while to show then but you can access it as long as it is on the network (it is normal with most devices).
- On the laptop
1. Run-> "\\cocktailaudio" (no quotes) p22 user guide
(it will open the folders)

What was the display on the hdmi test please?

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 5:33 pm 

SlimDJ wrote:
You could try a simple test via the hdmi...just boot with the pro-x100 connected to a monitor via the hdmi.
You should get a login or sometimes port connectors messages.
If you get anything else just post it here -type it, much quicker.
You will get a rough idea of what is causing the connnection issue if it is from the box.
Also try swapping the ports on the router & see what happens - such as switching the ethernet cables connected to the router?

Thanks SlimDJ, that was interesting, it did go through a load of sequences and code ending with a ton of "Failed command" alternating between "READ FPDMA QUEUED" and "WRITE FPDMA QUEUED" as per the photo attached.