Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:10 pm

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:00 pm 

Which option would play directly on the web interface anyone thanks?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:40 am 
Site Admin

ajct wrote:
Which option would play directly on the web interface anyone thanks?

Try installing the plex via the available tab ( & access the library) ...it will play directly on the laptop or whatever device.
If you don't want it on your X100 speakers

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:35 am 

Does this mean that I can listen to my music library stored in the X100 from anywhere I have an internet connection?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:28 am 

mruano wrote:
Does this mean that I can listen to my music library stored in the X100 from anywhere I have an internet connection?

This doesn't make any sense...how are you playing the music directly or through your hifi system?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:00 am 

My understanding is that, if you install Plex Media Server in a NAS, you can then remotely access the media stored in the NAS from any device (PC, tablet or phone) via Internet. Is this the case for the X100?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:54 pm 

Well not logical there is a difference btw a cloud based account & media stored on your server.
Eg If im playing music on you-tube via the x100, i can enqueue (playlist) songs on the x100 & you-tube but the songs are still from different services (playing thru the device).
In relation to plex it is just a service/app on the device, how you set it up is up to you :)
The plex can access the x100 from the LAN via the GUI, but not sure as a WAN. Im sure it could be done but not relevant to playing music through your setup.
Why store music on the device then?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:49 am 

If you want to access your plex media server remotely (over the WAN), then there are a few things that you have to do.

The device that you are running the plex media server on will need to have a fixed ip address
http://www.smallbusinesscomputing.com/webmaster/article.php/3799551/Networking-With-Address-Reservations.htm

Sign up for a free plex account. http://www.plex.tv/sign-up/ This maps your external ip address to the plex app that you are streaming the content to.

Enable remote access for the plex media server. https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/200289506-Remote-Access

Note that the mobile apps (ios, android and windows phone) are free to download, but must be unlocked via Plex Pass or 1-time in-app purchase to remove streaming playback limitations.

Hope this helps.