Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:10 pm

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

Forum rules

No duplicates, else deletion!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:59 pm 

In fact tech1a,

I remember a similar discussion in Jan 2014 and you mentioned that having the internal HDD and external back up drives having the same DB structure (after the firmware updates around that time) seemed to give you the incremental back up we all crave. And it makes perfect logical sense.

Assuming my last back up many, many moons ago resulted in having the same structure on both my internal & external drives, this would explain the 'quick' back up this weekend that I wasn't expecting - so not the firmware change in that case.

Restoring to a new drive is just a straight transfer from the back up, so no 'checking' to do.

Happy days.

Good man! ;)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:57 pm 

Looking for some help here.

Has anyone got this set-up to use a NAS drive as the music database, ie. not have it stored on a hard disc in the X30 itself.

I bought my X30 10 months ago, and have been it constant contact with the suppliers, but as yet, have not been able to get it to work.

I did have a drive in the X30, and was quite happy using that, having been assured that the NAS could be connected anytime. My drive failed, and now I want to use the NAS to store my (backed up) music DB. The drive is there, connected via ethernet cables via my home-hub. The X30 can see it, I can play music from the NAS. But I can't get it to recognise it to store the DB.

I've been in touch with Julian and Peter Cooke, but have so far had no success.
I'm now, after 10 months, become quite dis-illusioned with this machine and am starting to regret buying it.

Has anyone got any advise, to make me change my mind? :evil: :evil: :evil:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:17 pm 

Not all the sellers know much about the device.
I only post here or cotact cocktail audio UK by email.

Have you check the video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Cx2GhU9HtM

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:53 pm 

..Thanks for that freemartial.

My problem is using the NAS drive as the main storage site for the Music DB. I want to use the X30 without a memory disc in the X30. The storage is on the NAS drive. When I rip a CD, it is stored on the NAS.

I cannot get the X30 to recognise this drive. If I browse through the network from the X30, I can see the NAS, and play music from it (I had backed up from my first plays with an internal drive). It's just ripping to the NAS that doesn't work.

I have managed to set up the storage to the NAS (setup > Music DB > Storage > Network > Press menu button on remote > select storage folder on NAS).

If I now rip a CD, it says it already exists and does nothing. I have pressed the radio record button, and this records to the My Recordings folder on the NAS.

I've been told there is a new upgrade due this week which "may" solve my problems.

If it doesn't, after ten months trying to sort it (I think I've been patient enough), it's going back..

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:15 pm 

Hi, it is a bug, the NAS bit was not well implemented.
Never thought it was relevant to be honest...as packets could also cause errors.
The units aren't really powerful so funny updates won't be very useful.
The focus should be on real issues not addon that aren't REALLY relevant!!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:06 pm 

tech1a wrote:
Hi, it is a bug, the NAS bit was not well implemented.
Never thought it was relevant to be honest...as packets could also cause errors.
The units aren't really powerful so funny updates won't be very useful.
The focus should be on real issues not addon that aren't REALLY relevant!!!

If this was aimed at me, I was told when I bought the X30 that it would work when using the NAS drive as the storage unit. This is a real issue, my X30 is not doing what was claimed.

I will ask again..

Is anyone using the their X30 without a memory disc, but using a NAS drive instead?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:36 pm 

Yes, The boxes do not do well on with NAS.
Ripping over a network is not even a good idea to be honest.
What if the network drops or packet problems occur & of course the dreaded convertion error oh & query Error :? ?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:30 pm 

tech1a wrote:
The boxes do not do well on with NAS.

I thought as much. I've been trying to get mine set up for over a year now. :oops:
tech1a wrote:
Ripping over a network is not even a good idea to be honest.
What if the network drops or packet problems occur & of course the dreaded convertion error oh & query Error :? ?

I have an X30, and an X10. I have a Synology NAS drive with 4tb discs.
I was told (repeatedly) that I could connect both machines to the NAS, store my musicDB on the NAS, and have Raid6 protection to my data files (if 2 of the four discs fail, my data is still recoverable).

I have tried all sorts of options with the settings on the devices. I have followed every suggestion made by Sygnifi, my suppliers. I have followed detailed instructions from the [deleted] manufacturers in Korea, China, Japan or wherever they are. AND NOTHING WORKS.

I'M BLOODY FURIOUS.

Time to name and shame, I've got nowhere.

I bought these from [deleted], of [deleted], Gloucester.
[deleted], [deleted] and [deleted].

It's been a total disaster, and I just don't know where to go next.

If you want a reliable streaming audio system - DON'T CHOOSE [deleted].

Mod: No names respect the sellers pleaseeeeee (Acknowledge your remarks) - Thank You