Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:00 am

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

Forum rules

No duplicates, else deletion!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:38 pm 

Gosh cajordan its all repaired! Art work is now good. Ran "recovery" as i was a bit stuck with browsers etc. anyway thanks. Back to "normal" now.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:44 pm 

Can someone tell me officially - is it now safe to update to fw R1760 on the X10? Does it allow incremental back-up? I have lost track of all the issues reported on the forum caused by the new fw updates and I also get mixed up whether we are talking about the X10 or the X30. I thought we were expecting a newer release fixing the issues R1760 introduced, but I see no mention of an update. Can someone please clarify!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:40 pm 

Bill&Liz wrote:
Can someone tell me officially - is it now safe to update to fw R1760 on the X10? Does it allow incremental back-up? I have lost track of all the issues reported on the forum caused by the new fw updates and I also get mixed up whether we are talking about the X10 or the X30. I thought we were expecting a newer release fixing the issues R1760 introduced, but I see no mention of an update. Can someone please clarify!!!!

The 1760 was the stable final that is why the release notes were attached.
We are waiting for more updates as always :D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:30 am 

I would NOT download it.
Incremental backup STILL NOT fixed.
Cocktail Audio are hoping that we will all forget about this issue.
They keep promising a resolution but I have given up hope and will NOT be buying any future products

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:10 pm 

Loopdigga247 wrote:
I would NOT download it.
Incremental backup STILL NOT fixed.
Cocktail Audio are hoping that we will all forget about this issue.
They keep promising a resolution but I have given up hope and will NOT be buying any future products

Too bad, because using the previous FW makes no sense - as the file structure has changed along with newer features (almost like x30).
Also the increment on the previous one doesn't work well (it only adds newer albums without any changes).
That is why it was changed to do a proper incremental backup with 1760, but for some reason not all users' incremental method works.
Mine does, it only takes a few minutes to check all & backup.
(The problem is that they need to find out why others cant get the backup to work - incrementally)
>>Yours may work if you try it (you are actually down-grading the unit :) ) <<

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:36 pm 

I let the X10 do an auto-upgrade to R1760 and now get 'Query Error' when selecting the DB (or Playlist). Following another thread about rollbacks, I downloaded R1692 to a memory stick and attempted to manual update - I can select R1692 but when I confirm the update, the X10 shuts down and re-starts without updating (I also tried it with R1760 with the same sequence). What can I do?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:50 pm 

Cad,
You have to install the 1692 & then the 1760 to repair the .db ...
You may have to run the recovery when if the query error disappears & you can't select the tracks.
This is caused by a corrupted update with the update...

Admin posted a msg below with the x30 issue (use the same trick :) ), nothing to worry about :

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1025&p=6522&hilit=irregular#p6522

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:14 am 

I'm most aware there are countless posts regarding the upgrading of the 1692 firmware to 1760. Having tried to upgrade back in January this year & it being a total disaster, I have left well alone since.

With nine months having now passed, can anyone confirm without any doubt whatsover that it is now completely safe to install 1760, without any problems ?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:03 pm 

Er.... No.

The incremental back up issue has still not been resolved, however, you can have a nice slide show!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:04 pm 

Thanks.........think I'll wait until it's bullet proof....if the day ever dawns :roll:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next