Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:04 am

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

Forum rules

No duplicates, else deletion!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:37 pm 

I'm hoping someone has a simple or at least quick solution to this one??

I updated the X30 f/w to R0049 on Thursday and added some new stuff to my DB of 44,000 tracks (1.4tb of mainly wav & flac). I've 3 years of the X10 and 4 months of the X30, so I know how to use the kit, how to do the necessary maintenance, but I'm stuck now and its all pointing to a recovery/reinstall from back up, which will take a about a week solid and lose everything since my last back up of over a month ago!

The new message popped up advising the DB was "invalid" and to do a recovery. It did this fairly quickly and has moved the ENTIRE database to a recovery folder, leaving the DB blank, resulting in the dreaded "Query Error!"

I assume I'll now have to import the whole bl**dy lot back from the recovery folder to the DB.

Why has it done this, there was absolutely nothing wrong with the data!!!!!!! I'm fuming to be honest.

I'm not going to do anything until advised to!

Please help Admin guys?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:58 pm 

Plus, I've of course lost all my playlists and all my net radio favourites!!!

And why change the way to access the network peripherals? I can't find my PC now and can't figure it out from the release notes. Tho I'm too mad to bother now!

If I have to put in the amount of time and effort I did when I recovered the X10 back up to the new X30 to restore the DB to its original condition, I might throw the lot in the bin! :evil:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:51 pm 

Notes: http://cocktailaudio.co.uk/firmware/X30 ... _R0049.pdf

I didn't scan, because i knew my collection was fine & didn't get the warning msg either...(when i installed the update).
However I tried it, after reading your post & nothing was changed - all OK.

The best solution would be to check the results & move the lot back.
You may have had some issues, else the msg wouldn't have popped up.
Having said that, one doesn't have to use the recovery...better do it now than later. :?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:41 am 
Site Admin

Can you access the internal HDD on the X30?
Can you see HDD1 via the BROWSER?
What was the results from your SCAN?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:36 pm 

There were no issues with my DB, I have run recovery checks regularly and had a very 'clean' DB - then did an external back up (see previous posts a month or two ago). I've added a fair bit of stuff since. The back up took around 5 days and a subsequent sequential one around 20 hours (with only a relatively small amount of added data).

As I said above, after the f/w upgrade (R0049), I got the new pop up message (DB invalid), ran a recovery and it "moved" every single album folder to a recovery folder on the HDD, approx. 1.4Tb. There is nothing in the DB now resulting a "Query Error". All the albums are in the recovery folder, sat on the (2Tb) HDD.

I tried to import a couple of albums back to the DB out of curiosity, but got a "songs already exist" message for all tracks. So no, I can't simply re-import them. I'd have to do it in stages anyhow given the data size.

In answer to Admin's query, yes I can access the HDD, so not a hardware fault, yes I can see the HDD - it has the recovery folder on it and the 'recovery result' was simply "Moved folder" on EVERY album.

It will not let me re-import the data as it considers the tracks already exist (so it must have left the data file in the DB).

I am virtually 100% sure there were no "issues", but ran the recovery as advised in case of a couple of rogue tracks or something that had appeared since the last mega-backup.

So now I have an X30 with nothing in the DB, 45,000 tracks in a recovery file and an X10 with nothing on it either (I'm waiting for a confirmed error free f/w update before "restoring" from the external backup - no doubt a week of a job too!

Having written a fair bit of software in a previous life, I'm amazed something is released without apparent rigorous testing, especially given the criticism over the f/w for the X10, which caused a very similar problem.

is it a simple wind back to R0042, but then what if so? :evil:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:08 am 

Sorry to hear your tale of woe tea4one - my experience is markedly different.

I ran a (clean) Recovery prior to the r0049 upgrade - I had downloaded the upgrade onto a thumb drive as suggested in Anna's email, but when I fired up the X30 this morning it offered the upgrade for download so I accepted that. It all ran smoothly and rebooted the X30 (the bootup now seems to take a little longer) - no error messages and Music DB intact.

Checked the Favourites on Internet Radio and FM and this time they were all properly retained (unlike the r0042 upgrade when they got wiped).

Checked the WebInterface - accessed the DB fine (also was problematic with the r0042 upgrade)

Peter.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:44 pm 
Site Admin

There seems to be an error on your index:
The best soln (to avoid future mishaps) would be to wipe the HDD & import clean (from your backup).
If you added some songs that weren't backuped up, export the albums from the recovery to a network space or other & add them after the import.
I wouldn't tweak with the index file, just wipe the HDD & import clean since you already have it moved for checking at the recovery XX-XX.

The update is official.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:47 pm 

Cheers Peter.

Mine was ok the first time I rebooted after the update. The message popped up the 2nd time, for a short while. Then the saga.......

I know for a fact my DB had no issues. I've 3 years experience of the X10 & had the X30 from day 1.

If no one has a solution or any clue, I'll be forced to format and restore from the external HDD. A week of a job, where I won't be able to listen to it, again. And I wouldn't put money on there not being any issue afterward.

Nearly 3 years of having no issue with the X10, singing its praises and convincing at least 5 friends to buy one - can't say the same for the X30 after some initial issues that they simply wouldn't accept, that I later proved and now this.

New X10 f/w today - I'll have a go, relatively nothing to lose on that machine! :|

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:20 pm 

Installed mine (X10), all went well, even after a scan.... :) - thanks for the update.
Mainly as a server (on my network) with img & video & Audio etc - X10.

Btw, any news on additional streaming services yet & the DLNA update X30?
I spoke to AV10 about this ...also saw your partner at the bristol 2014 exhibition on saturday.
Got some other branded speakers & cables for my X30 at the show :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:20 am 
Site Admin

Irregular unlikely post:

QE after an update (Query Error):
Probably means your index is corrupted or there is something wrong with the downloaded FW or index hasn’t linked well with the new FW.

1. Reinstall the previous FW & then the New FW to fix the corrupted music db (index).
This will fix the index/music db (unless the problem is the HDD).
(Best to download a fresh file (FW))

2. If you have moved collection (after a recovery), check the Music DB & do another scan to remove any links/data - this prevents the "Already exists msg" - as data matches links to the moved songs.

Make sure Music DB section has no songs or the songs there can actually play before importing the recovery back.

3. Move songs (from RECOVERY) to the music db & all should be fine.
(Music DB must read “not found” or have playable songs or not display QE)

(This occurs when the FW & the index/music db don’t merge well - upon the update…”mishap”)

On the other hand, just format HDD & restore if you have a backup