Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:33 pm

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

Forum rules

No duplicates, else deletion!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:32 pm 

I can no longer search effectively using the remote control, because the ability to cycle through the three letters on each number key has stopped working. e.g. to enter a letter 'S' you'd normally press the number 7 three times in quick succession. Now when you do this you get 3 letter 'P's. Same on all the other keys.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:38 am 

Just use the switch button (CAP/NAM) to change the case, symbols & numerals.
Simple as that ...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:36 pm 

I know how to toggle between letters and numbers, I've had the thing for a couple of years now. The fault that has developed is that I can no longer enter letters other than the first one assigned to each number key. For example, number 7 is used for P, R, and S. If you want to enter an S you hit the button three times in quick succession, like on a phone. Only now for some reason it just inputs three Ps. And yes, I am pressing it quick enough. Same with all the other keys.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:23 pm 

Probably a faulty remote, try with a keyboard & see ...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:23 pm 

It's not the remote, it's the device. When you press a key on the remote it sends a pcm infrared signal corresponding to that key. That signal is always the same for the same key, it doesn't change from numbers to letters. The receiving device interprets that signal depending on the situation, e.g. if it should interpret that signal as a letter, a number, change the most recently received letter from a P to an R etc.

Thanks for trying to help, but does anyone actually know what the fault is and if there's a firmware update to fix it?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:22 am 

FIXED

Posting the answer in case anyone else has the same issue. Problem is with firmware release r129 which my machine installed automatically. Rolled it back to r122 and turned auto updates off and it's working again.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:50 am 

cocktail schmocktail wrote:
Rolled it back to r122 and turned auto updates off and it's working again.

Actually I'm planning to upgrade from r122 to r129 for some time now but wait until I know how to roll back in case of trouble.

I must have missed to section in the manual or the posts documenting how to roll back a firmware upgrade.
Can you describe how you rolled back? I would imagine it isn't very simple because (as I understood) r129 modifies the SQLite table structure. I.e. new fields for Mood etc.

Does the roll back restore the SQLite table structure to r122 format correctly?

Thanks

Mike

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:20 am 

Sorry for the delay in replying. The downgrade was relatively straightforward. I just got the old version on a usb stick, turned the X30 off at the back, removed the hard drive (2 thumbscrews at the back and just slide the bay out an inch), plugged the usb stick in and switched on. Then navigate to settings > firmware > update manually and that was about it I think (from memory). It doesn't seem to have messed up the database, but then again with cocktail audio stuff you never know...