Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:36 am

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

Forum rules

Please don't create ANOTHER topic of a question that already exists look for an akin posts/forum.
For example 'App streaming' will be best posted under 'Supported Apps: '.
Any duplicate posts will be deleted without a reply.
This will make it easier for other users' to find solutions to their queries.

Post subject: Album art - Problem?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:46 am 

Hi, Let me explain that I am a non-techie user.

I have uploaded the new firmware R1644 - very pleased. I have now loaded 12 album covers through cocktailAudio webGUI, but there's a problem with 2 of the 12 albums.

When I go to my X10 select the artist and album and press O.K. I see the album art and song title and play starts but after a couple of seconds the X10 screen display shows what looks like a mini explosion and the only option is to switch off. When I try again the same thing happens on the same 2 albums the others I uploaded seem O.K.

Has anyone else have the same problem?

What do I do now, is the only option to delete these 2 albums through the WEB GUI or by other means? and then re-load them.

A thought of what may have caused the problem, when using the Audioweb GUI to get the album art I was not working side by side with my computer and X10 and album art did not appear when selected on the computer screen display to cover the album 'No Cover Available'display. So I may have repeated the action several times on the same album, have I somehow overloaded the the album art? is this possible?

Thank you in anticipation

Post subject: Re: Album art - Problem?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:19 pm 
Site Admin

Frenchjaguar wrote:
Hi, Let me explain that I am a non-techie user.
I have uploaded the new firmware R1644 - very pleased. I have now loaded 12 album covers through cocktailAudio webGUI, but there's a problem with 2 of the 12 albums.
When I go to my X10 select the artist and album and press O.K. I see the album art and song title and play starts but after a couple of seconds the X10 screen display shows what looks like a mini explosion and the only option is to switch off. When I try again the same thing happens on the same 2 albums the others I uploaded seem O.K.
Has anyone else have the same problem?
What do I do now, is the only option to delete these 2 albums through the WEB GUI or by other means? and then re-load them.
A thought of what may have caused the problem, when using the Audioweb GUI to get the album art I was not working side by side with my computer and X10 and album art did not appear when selected on the computer screen display to cover the album 'No Cover Available'display. So I may have repeated the action several times on the same album, have I somehow overloaded the the album art? is this possible?
Thank you in anticipation

LINK:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=375#p1998

Quoting from link: "........In relation to the new FW, it creates the cover art folder for the album art to show.
That is why when you 1st update 70% chance of not getting all the art showing – but its optional.
(You can add them via any tool or web-interface or one command via menu now (to the whole album in one go))"

Also read the release notes:
http://cocktailaudio.co.uk/firmware.shtml

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:06 pm 

I also had a problem loading art.
I scanned the CD cover and loaded to a USB stick.
Then I tried to load the art via the webGui, but kept getting an error.
I then put the USB stick in the X10 and succesfully loaded the art from Music DB - Menu.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:16 pm 
Site Admin

Boxer wrote:
I also had a problem loading art.
I scanned the CD cover and loaded to a USB stick.
Then I tried to load the art via the webGui, but kept getting an error.
I then put the USB stick in the X10 and succesfully loaded the art from Music DB - Menu.

There are many ways of loading the art.
If one doesn't work, try another.
Could be a script issue & browser compatibility.
With the browser you can simple search via google to upload the art.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:41 am 

I've found that you mostly need not to hurry when adding cover art through the webinterface.
After I've added 2 or 3 covers (I usually ick from the Google tab where you can see the size of the file, and avoid any of the very large pictures. 300x300 to 500x500 seem best since the software resizes the files anyway.
After a couple of successful uploads I usually see "Fail: no Infos" scrolling across the top right of the GUI and then it's time to pause for couple of minutes and let the X10 digest what you've given it. If you feel the X10 at this point you can tell that the disc is working hard. (and the X10 may not respond to the handset)

Even if the album cover comes up with the broken image symbol, be patient and come back to it later, it may show up then, and if you keep trying to load something it'll get confused!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:54 pm 

Since upgrading the firmware on my X10 to R1760 I have lost around 70% of the cover artwork when using the web browser. I can restore the artwork from the X10's database (but not from Google, Allcovers or Amazon - Google says no art can be found, the other two give error messages). Am I faced with having to recover the art for around 800 CD's individually? I have tried all the usual things, such as reloading the web server, switching it on and off. I cannot update the Cocktail Audio web software (Version 0.9.6.4) - again I get an error message.

All the cover art is visible via Windows Media player, but not in the Cocktail Audio web software. Does anyone know of an alternative to the Cocktail Audio web software, as I have experienced a lot of problems with it?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:38 pm 

There is a solution here:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1026&start=40#p6750

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:07 pm 

Thank you for the response.

As mentioned, I have reinstalled the webserver and cleared the browser cache. I cannot reinstall the GUI, as when I try to do so I get the following error message:

[tango3:~]cd /mnt/hdd1/.http/htdocs/
[tango3:/mnt/hdd1/.http/htdocs]sh /mnt/hdd1/.http/htdocs/update.sh
Downloading Firmware
wget: bad address 'www.cocktailaudio.de'
Unzipping...
unzip: can't open ./update.zip, ./update.zip.zip, ./update.zip.ZIP
delete downloaded zip-file
rm: cannot remove 'update.zip': No such file or directory
/mnt/hdd1/.http/htdocs/update.sh: line 7: ./todo.sh: No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove 'todo.sh': No such file or directory
[tango3:/mnt/hdd1/.http/htdocs]exit
logout

Still some cover art, but about 70% of it not there.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:58 pm 

Snakeplex wrote:
Since upgrading the firmware on my X10 to R1760 I have lost around 70% of the cover artwork when using the web browser. I can restore the artwork from the X10's database (but not from Google, Allcovers or Amazon - Google says no art can be found, the other two give error messages). Am I faced with having to recover the art for around 800 CD's individually? I have tried all the usual things, such as reloading the web server, switching it on and off. I cannot update the Cocktail Audio web software (Version 0.9.6.4) - again I get an error message.

Run a Recovery and the Album Artwork will re-appear.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:31 pm 

Many thanks RobHam - that did the trick!