Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:05 pm

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

Forum rules

Please don't create ANOTHER topic of a question that already exists look for an akin posts/forum.
For example 'App streaming' will be best posted under 'Supported Apps: '.
Any duplicate posts will be deleted without a reply.
This will make it easier for other users' to find solutions to their queries.

Post subject: Adding Album Art problem
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:09 pm 

I haven't added art for a while but when i try i get this message below on Amazon. Google shows nothing.
I tried updating webgui from Setting and that failed so i tried adding new firmware. Got pissed off that still no incremental back up. Installed new firmware and tried again. Still get this message. All advice appreciated.

'Warning: file_get_contents(http://www.amazon.com/gp/search?search- ... evancerank) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: Unable to find the socket transport "ssl" - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP? in /mnt/hdd1/.http/htdocs/nov/nov_DBTool/inc/inc.functions.php on line 593
No matching picture found at amazon '

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:24 am 

Actually it is worse than i thought.
I can't even add album art from my hard disk. I get the message 'Album Cover Not yet generated' and that continually spinning disk icon. Usually that method takes seconds and it was a very small file.

I CAN edit albums other fields using webgui and can import music to the x10 via Samba so there is no other communication problem that i can see.

I use Firefox and have tried clearing the cache which had no effect, so i tried IE but still no fix, so temporarily disabled virus protection ditto.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:44 pm 
Site Admin

It is just a warning...an error_handler could deal with it but sometimes sockets could cause that in php 5.
There could be other factors too using an 'exception' isn't always the best option.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:17 pm 

Thanks but i don't understand what you mean.
That message was generated automatically by my browser (both Firefox and IE) i don't know anything about coding.

I just want to know how do i add album art. I have never had this problem before.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:35 pm 

Can't really help with this one I'm afraid, but this is where I find it strange. I've installed the new firmware and I can get the album art no problem at all, both on the gui and directly to the x10. Each x10 seems to perform differently there seems to be no consistency ! Here's another thing, on the laptop,using google chrome I still have the old gui which works BUT no art can be added but on the iPad (using chrome) I have the new gui which allows me to add album art. However the BIGGEST disappointment of all incremental backup is still not supported!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:48 am 

I figured it out accidentally by trying on my girlfriend's laptop.
I had to install the new web interface which worked fine and hey presto the new interface adds album art on my laptop too.
So you can't add album art with the old interface. That is a drag. I much prefer the old interface. This wouldn't be a problem if the new interface wasn't uselss.

Maybe i just haven't figured it out but there doesn't appear to be a page navigational bar on the new interface so i can only look at the first and last pages. That makes it totally useless.
Apologies in advance if there is some magic hidden button.

I also don't like the fact that the player takes up so much screen space. The old interface has it above the screen as a toolbar, much better.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:49 pm 

I looked for a a manual for the new interface and there doesn't appear to be one.
There is one in German for Version. 0.9.9. which was on line in July 2015!
I have no idea which mine is as it only has 'Version - pack 7'
https://www.cocktailaudio.de/files/cocktailaudio/firmware/pdf/Bedienungsanleitung_Webinterface_0.9.9.pdf

The support for cocktail is truly shocking. The only manual in English is for Ver 0.9.2.
Where is the English translation of something that has been available in German for over a year?

Am i the only person who can't find a page navigational bar?

Right now i will have to use the old interface for everything but adding album art and use the new interface for that. Pretty messy!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:43 pm 

Ok.. This might seem a bit obscure but it works for me. Not sure what IP address your router gives your X10 but you can find it in network settings.

You should be able to get both webgui by typing into the address bar:-

New webgui: 192.168.1.66/nov_new/nov_DBTool/
Old webgui : 192.168.1.66/nov/nov_DBTool/
It's what comes after the numbers that makes the difference!

I now use the old gui for controlling the X10, like you I much prefer the layout of the old one and the new gui for adding the artwork.

Hope this works for you.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:25 pm 

Thanks but i don't have any problem getting the interfaces.
The problem is that neither of them work properly so i have to use one for one thing and one for another.
How do you manage to navigate pages with the new interface and are you able to upload album art now with the old one. The old one used to be perfect.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:50 pm 

You are right you cannot navigate from page to page, I assume you just have to scroll though! No I cannot upload album art with the old one any more. The old one wasn't perfect for me as it wouldn't allow an incremental back up, but neither does the new one so it seems it's one step forward two back!