Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:38 am

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

Forum rules

Please don't create ANOTHER topic of a question that already exists look for an akin posts/forum.
For example 'App streaming' will be best posted under 'Supported Apps: '.
Any duplicate posts will be deleted without a reply.
This will make it easier for other users' to find solutions to their queries.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:31 pm 

I am a newbie to the X10, but so far (only two CD's ripped) am finding it brilliant, if a little daunting in its complexity. I have been looking at the Web interface and can log into it and have also finally found the quick user guide in the firmware downloads are of the Cocktail Audio site (not the most obvious place to look!). The Guide refers to version 0.9.2 Beta and shows red buttons along the top of the screen (Songs, Playlist etc) but these do not appear on the version which I am using which is 0.9.6.7 Beta.

Have the buttons been removed in this version? Are there any other major changes between the two and if so, where can I find them documented?

The X10 seems to be a great piece of kit. I'm not convinced that having all the tricks, quirks, work arounds etc listed fairly randomly in the forum is the best way to show new people what it can do though.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:08 pm 

Hi there has been updates via firmware or via a browser.
The php scripts have been updated but the notes are just a guide...
The current versions have fewer junks and 2 versions:
Eg. http://X10 or 192.168.XX.XX , will load the page & then you make a selection old or new style.
Depending on your needs you may not really need the web-gui, an app from a tablet might be even better.
php scripts can be slow on sending commands to the server as well as being slow on a wireless.

Web Guide video->: www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX2226gTs7c
Web Guide pdf ->: www.cocktailaudio.co.uk/firmware/X10_WebUI_R1665c.pdf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:08 am 

The red buttons shown (even in the pdf link that ajct provides) have been "rolled up" into a menu at the top left. Click on the "Cocktail audio" and you should get a menu showing "Songs", "Albums", "Playlists" etc.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:43 pm 

Thanks both. I had discovered the menu under the CA icon but wondered if I was missing something!