Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:38 am

All times are UTC


Untitled Document

Forum rules


Please don't create ANOTHER topic of a question that already exists look for an akin posts/forum.
For example 'App streaming' will be best posted under 'Supported Apps: '.
Any duplicate posts will be deleted without a reply.
This will make it easier for other users' to find solutions to their queries.



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:09 am
Posts: 8
I've noticed since recent fimware (I think 1754 but I am running 1760 2014-02-27) that the web gui displays "album / artist" for the "album" field for any CDs ripped since 1754. I don't see the point of this given that the artist is displayed in the "artist" field right beside the "album" field. It just makes the display less readable.

I also noticed that the "new" webgui (Version 0.9.8.2a - June 2014) only displays tracks like this; older rips are not displayed at all. The "old" web gui (Version 0.9.6.7 Beta - May 2014) displays both old and new rips.

I can see the naming of the album directory in .DB has changed from "[nnnn] Album" to "[nnnn] Album / Artist".

I've also noticed that columns track/year/time/bitrate are only populated for newer rips but the "year" field is always 9999 despite the tracks having TDRL (release time) correctly set (e.g. "2011").

So, my questions:

1. is it possble to make the web gui not display the artist in the album field?
2. is it possible to "fix" existing rips so they are in ".DB" in the correct format and so they correctly display in the new gui?
3. is it possible to correct the display of the "year" ?

Thanks.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:19 am
Posts: 277
Hi,

1. You can change the year/artist....etc (b4 or after ripping)
Have you checked the videos on ripping etc x30 or x10 do the same stuff:
https://www.youtube.com/user/CTAX10


2. Read the notes on the firmware 1760:
http://cocktailaudio.co.uk/firmware.shtml

3 see tag help but watch the videos instead:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=132


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:09 am
Posts: 8
@ajct...

I had read the firmware release notes. My media is tagged correctly (I do my ripping and tagging on a PC). I was more interested in being able to change (or request a change) to the web gui so that the software didn't embed the artist in the album field. The tags aren't like that so the sofware is munging data into the format for display. Same thing with the year. The data is in the tag (TDRL) but the software isn't displaying it.

Fixing the .DB directory names... Are you suggesting that I perform a "recovery" as mentioned in the firmware notes. The notes don't say clearly what a recovery does.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:12 am
Posts: 314
What ajct meant was:
.... the notes states why the format was changed to prevent albums merging especially compilations as Admin posted on the forum somewhere...
Also it doesn't really matter if the folders are in album "A" or artist/album"A/A" inside the .DB (MusicDB via network).
The point is the same metadata will be displayed on the music/songs.
If you import by using the folder name eg: [nnnn] Beethoven Overtures or [nnnn] Berlioz Sym Fantastique or [nnnn] ...
it will keep the format you prefer.
Also i think you can edit the album name before it rips it "A/A" into "A".


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:09 am
Posts: 8
I understand why the format was changed and it makes sense to prevent merging of albums with the same name.
I just tried importing using the folder name and this does make the folder in the .DB have the album name and that, in turn, does cause the web ui to render the album name correctly.

However, I think using the folder name is a bad choice because the format was changed for good reason. Internally storing in .DB as "Artist / Album" makes sense. It'd just the rendering on the web gui that I don't like. Really, it should detect the "/" and, if the artist is the same as the artist field then it should just display the album part.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron