Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:51 am

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

Forum rules

Please don't create ANOTHER topic of a question that already exists look for an akin posts/forum.
For example 'App streaming' will be best posted under 'Supported Apps: '.
Any duplicate posts will be deleted without a reply.
This will make it easier for other users' to find solutions to their queries.

Post subject: Re: web ui
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:04 am 

Yes, the x35 did recognise my hdd and is working great. At first the sound was not good with the pre-sets sounding harsh in the treble and bass like pop, rock, live etc. Once I set up the equalizer the difference in sound quality was huge and sounds fantastic with my old Warfendal speakers. Setting up Spotify was easy and works great. All in all a fabulous machine that I would recommend though £1,699 is a bit steep. I plan to install an ssd in the coming months.

Garry

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:49 am 

Thanks for the reply Garry!
Yeah, the price is something to consider but you got a mountain of functionality.
Actually I'm thinking about acquiring the X35 too to replace my 5 year old X30 but I have doubts.

Biggest one is the small user base and the lack of replies on the forums. For the price I like to be able to get everything possible out of the device and that includes accessing it from a PC network. The system includes functionality for this by means of a Samba or a UPnP server. Fair enough but that's about as far as the manual goes.

For example, I like to know how to make a Cocktailaudio device start playing an album through an external program. I guess by sending some kind of POST method to the WebServer. I use a program (database) to store data of my CD collection, like how much I paid, when I acquired a title etc. It would be awesome to add functionality to make the streamer start playing the CD that I happen to view in this database.

Do you have this knowledge or know of someone or a support-group that have that knowledge and/or where programmers added new programs? It would benefit the whole community if programmers like myself could produce (free) additional utilities.

Thanks

Mike

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:41 am 

Now you're getting a bit technical for me. I use the x35 the same as I used the x10 which is fine for me being disabled the web gui helps a lot. I agree that there is not much on forums regarding x35 which is annoying. By the way, my x35 has the Novafidelity badge on it but the forum is next to useless. Regardless of price I would have expected this unit to have sold well so why no discussion in forums?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:18 pm 

My sentiment exactly Garry. An active usergroup would be very helpful in getting everything out of the device.

If you or anyone else becomes aware of where to go for better information or at least for proper support from the manufacturer and its programmers, please let me know.

Nevertheless, enjoy your new X35 streamer!