Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:30 am

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

Forum rules

This section is for the users' to post tips (features) on using the X10 not questions like: "How do I add album cover ART?" or "How do I connect to my friend's wifi at the North Pole?" :? - when that could be found in the online manual or on many posts by users.
Thank You

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:44 pm 

I have purchased an 2TB X10 and still getting to grips with it but finding most items in the manual or on this forum however there is one issue I can not make work.
When playing an album in Misic DB all is well until it get to the end when it just returns to the menu, this is fine when I am in the same room as I can just scroll down 1 item and press play but I want to know why it just does not move on to play the next album in the list (as per my old NAS system) until I decide I have had enough. Is there something I need to set or is the just not able to be done.

I have looked in the forum but can not track down an answer, any help would be appreciated.

PS I am not sure where this will come up in the forum so I apologise if its in the wrong place

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:30 pm 

If they form part of a box set, or an ongoing series, like Now That's What I Call Music, you might want to consider putting them in a playlist and play it like that - call it after the name of the whole set - could get a bit lengthy if there are ten or more discs in the set!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:24 pm 

thanks arthurvasey, I am ok with albums like the NOW ones and box sets as I have this in to one Album now but its just the fact that I would prefer it to move on to the next album especially as it would be by another artist surly its not to complex to just move to the next album in name in the list. Any ideas anyone

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:43 pm 

Hi Simon. I put this in my own 'wish list' shortly after I bought my X10. It remains something the X10 doesn't do. Whether the CA techhies can change the firmware, I have no idea. But it would be difficult, I think. What IS the 'next album'? - the one chronologically ripped or the next one alphabetically? Most users list alphabetically but the X10 would probably 'see' the chronological list.

I've learned to live without this feature, though, as the X10 is such a great machine.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:12 pm 

Thanks dortmunder, it would be alphabetical in my case, let's hope your wish list comes true then, but yes it's a small issue but as I use my system all over the house it's a pain to go down stairs or to another room when an album finishes currently. I suppose I will have to live with it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:59 pm 

dortmunder wrote:
... What IS the 'next album'? - the one chronologically ripped or the next one alphabetically?

Hopefully it would observe the current sort setting made by the user:

1) A-Z => next alphabetically
2) Z-A => previous alphabetically
3) no sort => next in terms of chronological rip order

And I too would love to see this feature added to the X30/X10.

A shuffle to a random next album would be nice too ...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:36 pm 

simonjbingham wrote:
... move on to play the next album in the list (as per my old NAS system).

Out of curiosity, how does that work? I thought a NAS was just a big hard drive for storage - how do you select what to play if you don't have an 'interface' such as the X10 gives you?

Back to your main point, you could always choose Artist/Track which will play your entire Des O'Connor collection in one go. Or simply 'Titles' if you're planning an all-nighter...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:48 pm 

My NAS drive was part of a sony Gigajuke system.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:24 pm 
Site Admin

If you have 60, 000 albums would u play them all in the sortered order? Nope!
The "next" album might not be the correct album (if the user isn't really aware of structure etc...)
That is why we implemented the virtual playlist - you decide.
eg:
Album 1x opera cd1
Album 2x...
Album 5x opera cd2

Wanna to play cd1 & cd2 use the virtual playlist.
Once you start playing cd1, add cd2 in the queue without having to create long incessant playlists.
Enqueue the albums you want to listen to, could be album 1 or album 302.
What makes it even awesome is that, you could enqueue a genre, artist or albums/tracks mixture...& even save it too if you like 8-)
Thus you could decide to have only Ralph Vaughan Williams symphonies in a virtual playlist or Benjamin Britten's fav renditions (cond by Richard Hickox) et...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:20 am 

Hi Admin - could you please describe how to use this feature? I started to play an album but could not figure out how to 'enqueue' another. Thanks.