Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:34 am

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

Forum rules

This section is for the users' to post tips (features) on using the X10 not questions like: "How do I add album cover ART?" or "How do I connect to my friend's wifi at the North Pole?" :? - when that could be found in the online manual or on many posts by users.
Thank You

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:52 am 

Hi admin.
I think you missed the whole point of my request and how I want to play them should be flexible enough do what I need do you not think.
The fact of the matter is the user (me) just wants it to move to the next track in the list, I don't care if it opera or bebop or anything just so long as the music keeps playing. So if I happen to be on album number 6271 it just needs to move to the next one I.e. 6272 without intervention (I.e needing to go into another room) or having to set up complicated lists and maintain them when albums are added etc, surly this is not beyond the wit of man and your response seems to assume no improvements can be made so why poll us on these things.
The whole idea is to enjoy the system and not tie myself down with playlist and constant editing even though these are excellent features sometime it's just nice to have continuous music.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:56 pm 

Hi Simon,
There is one way to do what you're asking. Go to MusicDB and select 'Titles' view, then change the sort order to as-ripped and as tracks are ripped in album order they will be in the order you're asking for. Start playing any track and the X10 will keep playing the tracks in order. I usually select random play at this point.
Not sure if this is exactly what you're after, but might be a good compromise.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:10 pm 

@simonjbingham, I think you missed the whole point.
Admin's point is that depending on the sort/display mode, users with a large collection might not listen to their collection sequentially.
X10 or X30 has a huge HDD not like a small mp3 player with a bunch of albums that could be played in the correct order.

Also a list of albums might not be one particular genre, ie album 1 (might be classical), album 2 (jazz), album 3 (speeches), why would you want them played one after the other when you could decided the order with the virtual playlist??? :?:
Another point, if you have your collection displayed by Artists/Album(Discography), would you listen to all the songs/albums by one artist before moving onto another Artist?

I use the virtual playlist & there are 2 versions - really useful for the queuing feature.
(If you use titles/tracks, you could play the whole lot, however you need to know the position of the specific album :| )

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:34 pm 

@ Dortmunder, perhaps i could point you to the firmware notes, shorter & better:
Those with X30 might have different buttons & this feature could even be saved/renamed as a regular playlist.
Since it's virtual or enqueued as Admin said, it will be wiped if you switch off the unit.
To save it rename it (from My playlist) when the virtual playlist has been generated in playlist section at the home screen.
Jump to the section by pressing HOME (whilt the music is playing).......

From the firmare notes page UK:

4. Extension of My Playlist function

http://cocktailaudio.co.uk/firmware/X10 ... _R1656.pdf
Shortcut (Blue button on the remote)
This work anywhere in the MusicDB - best suited for the continual selection.

2. Advanced My Playlist (virtual playlist) function

http://cocktailaudio.co.uk/firmware/X10 ... _R1665.pdf
Shortcut (Yellow button on the remote)
This works only in playing mode, really good for moving all songs of a particular artist etc...

A really nice feature i use it a lot ...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:02 am 

It is even better when done via the web-interface or both.
Eg. I just click on any album in the order (queue) of how i want it played - really smooth feature.
Better on the web-interface, i have configures each page to display about 600 albums, so i just click-click-click & save or play.
Very good for an evening party (just leave it playing all night, no embarrassment with looking for that album or a sudden rock music that will cause a mess etc :) )
Save the searching & manual playlists that most users bother with... :shock:
Awesome feature :idea:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:36 am 

Thank you kindly, freemartial.