Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:34 am

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

Forum rules

This section is for the users' to post tips (features) on using the X10 not questions like: "How do I add album cover ART?" or "How do I connect to my friend's wifi at the North Pole?" :? - when that could be found in the online manual or on many posts by users.
Thank You

Post subject: CD MetaData after RIP?
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 6:28 pm 

Hi,
I often buy new release music on CD and immediately rip these to my X10.

However, new CDs often don't have the 'metadata' available or without network(internet) connection, the inserted CD will add to the Library with 'Unknown' & 'Track 1, Track 2' etc.

While I know that I can add the CD title & Track information manually - my question is:

Is there any way force the x10 the check for 'metadata' at a later date - ie. perhaps when I have internet connection or the data exists (for new albums). Much like I can do for any Album Art, which I can update anytime.

Thanks,
Trevor.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 6:44 pm 

Actually if you re-insert the cd, it will connect to the database (online) to check again - done it many times.
Insert a CD, no data.
I re-insert & the metadata shows, sometimes i even reboot with the cd inside the unit.

Do not think you could prompt the device to check the after ripping.
The cd-ID has already been overwritten, best to search online & copy/paste via the web-interface (tracks).
Just ensure the artist is linked with the album to prevent any "unknown" labels.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 6:52 pm 

freemartial wrote:
Actually if you re-insert the cd, it will connect to the database (online) to check again - done it many times.
Insert a CD, no data.
I re-insert & the metadata shows, sometimes i even reboot with the cd inside the unit.

Do not think you could prompt the device to check the after ripping.
The cd-ID has already been overwritten, best to search online & copy/paste via the web-interface (tracks).
Just ensure the artist is linked with the album to prevent any "unknown" labels.

Thanks for the tip.
I will try your suggestion again - as I had tried re-inserting the original CD a time later when metadata was available but found the X-10 just reported music already ripped & did not update any track blanks with track information - I will however try your tip again.

I would be a great option to be able to update the track information from the menu but for now shall live without,

Thanks,
t