Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:45 pm

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

Forum rules

This section is for the users' to post tips (features) on using the X10 not questions like: "How do I add album cover ART?" or "How do I connect to my friend's wifi at the North Pole?" :? - when that could be found in the online manual or on many posts by users.
Thank You

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:16 am 
Site Admin

Edited Notes Nov 2012:

With the firmware R1669, embedding Album Covert Art can be done through the X10:
See notes:
http://www.cocktailaudio.co.uk/firmware ... 669_UK.pdf

+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

You could also use the older methods by following the instruction below:
(Best for users that don't use internet collection)

1. Why not have a folder(COVER_ART_Folder) with all impending or ripped or favourite album art.
Any these below will do:
-USB host: MEMORY STICK: COVER_ART_Folder
-X10: HDD1/COVER_ART_Folder
-Network: Shared folder/COVER_ART_Folder

It's better to use small thumbnail images around 500 X 500.........Just don't use a large image else the art cover will not affect all the tracks when done via the X10 interface. Just go on the internet (on a search engine BING/ASK/GOOGLE), search for images, use the "image TAB", save them in JPG/JPEG.

Attachments:
Thumbnail size..jpg
Thumbnail size..jpg [ 33.36 KiB | Viewed 5111 times ]
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 12:37 pm 

As you know, since the FW 1644, you can now add art in 3 ways:
1. Pre-rip
Search for the art and embed the art before commencing with the ripping process.
For example:
a. Insert a CD
b. Access ICON (RIP/PLAY),
c. View album/CD info
d. PRESS MENU/RIPPING ALL or RIP Tracks/Select OPTIONS....
e. Add/embed art at the image section (bottom right) - Move the cursor with the remote or USB keyboard
(Locate the art on USB1, HDD or network location - this is where the user has stored their art work - optional)
f. Make any relevant changes & Confirm with the OK dialogue on the screen, not the OK remote key.
Art will be embedded into the ripped album.

2. Post-rip
This is when the user adds the art after ripping or on albums with no art cover.
From "music db", PRESS MENU
a. Select Album ART
b. Locate the art cover (Saved art could be on a USB/HDD/network.........)
c. OK

3. Web-interface
This is probably the best option, uses the internet to search the art.
On X10 (from setup/network services) enable WEBSERVER, SAMBA and UPNP - not all are relevant but enable it anyway :)

Check firmware release notes 1644 on how to use this web interface.
Reference:
http://www.cocktailaudio.co.uk/firmware.shtml
- release notes (R1644)
- webinterface notes

Hope this is useful for the new users :)

Attachments:
useful.jpg
useful.jpg [ 45.04 KiB | Viewed 4646 times ]
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:18 pm 

Admin wrote:

<cut>

It's better to use small thumbnail images around 500 X 500.........Just don't use a large image else the art cover will not affect all the tracks when done via the X10 interface. Just go on the internet (on a search engine BING/ASK/GOOGLE), search for images, use the "image TAB", save them in JPG/JPEG.

Hello,

Just a question about the suggested size of the covers. I read it is recommended a size of around 500x500, but has any constraint been implemented in the last SW release?
I am asking because I noticed that for some MP3s of mine perfectly tagged the covers are not shown. Is X10 blocking the visualization of covers bigger than 500x500? All my files have images ranging from 400x400 to 800x800.

I hope no strict limits have been imposed to the covers only because of the problems related to the X10 Web interface or the X10 screen size.
The reasons are first that the same music can be played on the X10 like on other devices (and I do not want to have a dedicated music setting only for one of them) and second that technology is moving quickly towards high resolutions (TVs, laptops, smartphones, etc.) and this choice would be anachronistic.

I did not find more precise info about it in the forum, so I apologize if this info has been already shared in another post.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:44 pm 
Site Admin

Max,

Use whatever size you want :)
500/500 is best, not too heavy especially when loading via network or X10 directly.
Some files could be 1000/1000, which is a waste of space and could delay processing the tag.
I tag with 600, 700, 500 but not 1000 or more.
Sometime if i can't get 500/500, i use WIN paint to expand the art to 500/500 - if smaller than that.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:58 am 

Thank you for the clarification!

Ciao,

Massimo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:48 pm 

Admin wrote:
Max,
Use whatever size you want :)
500/500 is best, not too heavy especially when loading via network or X10 directly.
Some files could be 1000/1000, which is a waste of space and could delay processing the tag.
I tag with 600, 700, 500 but not 1000 or more.
Sometime if i can't get 500/500, i use WIN paint to expand the art to 500/500 - if smaller than that.
Hi,
I am now running firmware X3U-CA-1.1.0.r0118.
I have had to reduce the size of cover artwork images to below 500x500; otherwise the X30 screen shows a question mark, rather then the cover thumbnail and it is not accepted (using the X30 interface -- I've not tried from the WEB interface yet).

Any idea what is happening here?

Thanks for any info.