Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:51 pm

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

Forum rules

This section is for the users' to post tips (features) on using the X10 not questions like: "How do I add album cover ART?" or "How do I connect to my friend's wifi at the North Pole?" :? - when that could be found in the online manual or on many posts by users.
Thank You

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 3:11 pm 

Sorry MeloDeon,

Got you handle a bit wrong!

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 8:54 pm 

No problem!
Is the USB stick big enough to take a backup of your DB? If so you could just do a backup to it, and then pick out the albums on your computer. If not, you'll need a suitable HDD in a caddy or similar - most on the market are OK (I got mine S/H from eBay) - and do a 'proper' B/U - always handy if problems occur later on and saving the chore of re-ripping all those CDs...
(Edit) For those not in the know, a Melodeon is a sqeezebox instrument almost as difficult to live with and operate as an X10, popular with morris dancers. I need say no more.....

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 11:44 pm 

Just do a test hdd switch or backup to a network/share drive.
You don't need a bigger hdd if you have used a small segment.
How many albums do you have?

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:00 am 

AV10 have been helping with my problem and it seems likely I have a 'rogue album' in my music db. I am trying to locate this and eliminate it or whatever. It does seem a shame that with all this brilliant modern electronic technology the X10 couldn't have alerted me to a rogue album at the time of ripping! Maybe it's on the list when the FW update emergies later this month.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:53 am 

I have now discovered that of the 7600 odd tracks ripped from CDs as FLAC around half are unconverted. I found this by Music DB/recovery/recovery result then on home page at Music DB clicking 'i' on the remote. I now find that leaving the X10 on at home page it is gradually reducing the number of unconverted tracks by a few every 5 minutes or so. Does anyone know if this can be speeded up? It appears this could be the rouite of the problem preventing me from exporting songs and from carrying out a backup via USB.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 12:35 pm 

And I have now gone back to last Friday's ripped albums to find that they are not yet converted. This seems to be a long time to do and means I shall have to check each album for converted status before exporting songs. I think this needs attention for FW update (Admin please note and p[ass on - if this is how it works) and I have said as much to AV10. There is no mention that I can see in the manual (Rev 6) advising the length of time to convert ripped tracks/albums.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 2:52 pm 

Sorry to be hogging this forum post, but I have checked the rate of converting and found it will take over a month to complete converting of those already ripped to the Music DB. I think we need an answer from the designer of the X10 as to how we can speed this up assuming there is no fault with the installed software.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:08 pm 

Hi, Me again! I have been monitoring the process of converting tracks and I have found it appears to work quicker when I leave the unit switched on and at home page! So, I cannot backup or export until converting is complete unless what I want to send to a USB stick has converted. So I'll have to be patient and just wait. It would be good to hear that this process can be speeded up by a FW update sometime.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 9:05 pm 
Site Admin

Well, the cocktail doesn't export unconverted song - the "failed" msg pops up upon exporting.
You could move converted songs or those ripped in .wav,
Remember the system only converts one album at a time, flac is very quick - it wouldn't take a month :)

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:08 am 

I have not found converting quick at all as it has taken over 24 hours with the X10 on home page to convert a few hundred tracks and all my ripped CDs were to FLAC format. Would it be quicker if I ripped to WAV instead?