Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:04 pm

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

Forum rules

This section is for the users' to post tips (features) on using the X10 not questions like: "How do I add album cover ART?" or "How do I connect to my friend's wifi at the North Pole?" :? - when that could be found in the online manual or on many posts by users.
Thank You

Post subject: exporting music to USB
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 10:16 am 

In X10 I am having a problem exporting songs to a USB memory stick. Following page 49/50 of manual ends up the unit being stuck on 'Music DB Scanning'. Anyone had this problem?

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 3:19 pm 

Derek Vivian wrote:
In X10 I am having a problem exporting songs to a USB memory stick. Following page 49/50 of manual ends up the unit being stuck on 'Music DB Scanning'. Anyone had this problem?

Are you able to export to other sources like HDD1, Network folder or another USB?
Your "song" system file could be damaged.
Device has problem locating song & copying to the destination.
Try to copy 1 track & then try a few more; it might make the scanning problem clearer.

Or try installing a new downloaded firmware & see...(perhaps the one that was installed was properly downloaded)

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 3:54 pm 

Thanks for helpful suggestion. I have indeed tried individual song but it comes up as failed. When I try an album it gets locked into Music DB Scanning mode and I have to swtich off by main switch. I have latest FW and also tried reverting to previous version without any success. I have been seeking help from AV10, but so far they haven't come up with a 'cure'. They ask if I had posted on the Forum which why I did!

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 7:59 pm 

What about removing the song file & generating a new one (av10 taught me that but only with caution - a final course of action)?
Have you tried exporting to hdd1 or a network drive ?
If it failed then it could be the destination directory...(i'm assuming it's in NTFS right?)
Have you tried the switch (storage) test?

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 8:02 pm 

Definitely the main HDD...try the switch storage 1st, b4 "song" file system...
Looks like the source & destination can't be established. :idea:
Another possible cause .DB problem - this is very new

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 10:54 pm 

A Music DB issue for sure...the scan only flashes & then exports (even when i move 100s of albums).
So your music db is not right.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 2:07 pm 

Hi guys and thanks for helping. My X10 was new last year and I have only just this year started to rip CDs to it successfully. It also plays from theb Music DB successfully too, through the built in amp to a pair of bookshelf speakers plus sub bass. No problems there at all. The memory stick that I am treying to export songs/music to is also new. A 32Gb with 29Gb free and formatted to NTFS file system. I rip FLAC and intended to convert in my PC using Creative MP3 player organiser. What is 'switch storage' please? Also if 'music db' is not right and it was a new 2Tb HDD installed by AV10 (who also loaded the software)when I purchased it, is there any helpful hints on checking it, putting it bright etc? The FW is up to date to this year's issue in February. I have tried rolling back to previous FM but it didn't make any difference. It still goes to 'Music DB Scanning' when I click 'export start'.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:59 pm 

It is not a matter of Av10 doing something with the software/music db...I got mine from them too.
The problem is that something isn't well organised (among your ripped collection) so either backup & format the HDD or test the music db by switching the storage ("What is 'switch storage' please? ").
Switch storage, is when you make a USB the internal HDD rather than the SATA hard drive.
The option is best for ripping music to an external drive.

1. Insert the USB
2. Setup/Music db/Storage/USB
3. Rip an album (a few tracks) - make sure it's all converted & then try to copy music from the music db (USB) to another source.
>> Copy to HDD1 or another USB2, network drive etc & see ...
That will enable you to determine the problem.
The "song" removal file system should be the last move...

No fuss...Amen :)

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 9:53 am 

I recently acquired a portable MP3 player, and loaded it up from my X10 backup HDD (via computer). Works a treat, as the player handles multi-file types as well as MP3. Might be worth trying loading your USB stick from your backup if you have one?

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 3:10 pm 

Thanks melOdem etc,

It sounds like I need to have a standalone HDD to use as a backup storage then Any ideas what is best/good enough for this ? I am trying to export songs/music from Music DB to USB stick then via PC to my MP3 player. My X10 just won't export songs preferring instead to go into Music DB Scanning mode! I think if I could obtain a maims powered HDD to backup then, as you say, use that to transfer music via PC to MP3 player that would solve my immediate problem. But I would like to get it sorted as I don't like having a device that isn't doing what it should.