Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:31 am

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

Forum rules

This section is for the users' to post tips (features) on using the X10 not questions like: "How do I add album cover ART?" or "How do I connect to my friend's wifi at the North Pole?" :? - when that could be found in the online manual or on many posts by users.
Thank You

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:39 am 
Site Admin

.wav can't hold the metadata (if you transfer to another device)...someone mentioned it to you in one of your posts.
.wav doesn't require conversion to any format & it uses a lot of space too.
Thus it's up to you :)

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:46 am 

So what does the X10 convert to if I rip to FLAC? If it is to WAV then I am no better off than if I rip to WAV surely?

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 2:35 pm 

Just to clarify this for you Derek.
The X10 rips straight to WAV and then converts to your chosen format. If you have chosen WAV as the format then no conversion is required.
If you have chosen FLAC, mp3 or Ogg as the format then the X10 will need time to convert the WAV files to these formats. As you have found out this is not exactly a quick process due to the X10,s hardware spec.
I would suggest that you rip in FLAC as it is lossless and will keep the id tags intact, if you wish to convert to another format later.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 2:41 pm 

Thanks B B that was a very helpful answer and it seems that to rip in WAV format might be the best answqer for exporting to PC later on. I now have to find a way to get Creative to convert the FLAC files in my PC to MP3 for my player.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 3:34 pm 

Do not rip in WAV as all the tagging info that you have on the X10 will not be recognised by your PC, or anything else.
Which means that you would have to add all of the information again. Rip in FLAC and this will not be a problem.

Derek Vivian wrote:
I now have to find a way to get Creative to convert the FLAC files in my PC to MP3 for my player.

I use dBpoweramp reference, which contains a CD ripper and a format converter. You can try it free for 21 days here http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 4:25 pm 

Hi BB thanks again for your helpful reply. It sounds best to continue to rip to FLAC, but I am a bit concerned that the X10 can't convert to MP3 when exporting, but I am aware that my MP3 players are Creative models and they don't recognise FLAC so can't use the Creative Organiser software to convert. Converting as I export would habve been best. What does the program cost that you suggest I look at?

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 5:32 pm 

Derek Vivian wrote:
Hi BB thanks again for your helpful reply. It sounds best to continue to rip to FLAC, but I am a bit concerned that the X10 can't convert to MP3 when exporting, but I am aware that my MP3 players are Creative models and they don't recognise FLAC so can't use the Creative Organiser software to convert. Converting as I export would habve been best. What does the program cost that you suggest I look at?

Just use a software to convert the flacs for the mp3 device - many free progs online (one click & a whole folder is converted).
Being in flac, means you can convert to other lossless & lossy formats.
Wav is ok if you are not exporting & you have 4TB of space to waste on a NAS or X30...
Most devices now support flac, I normally use a smart device that supports app installation.
Eg. I could install VLC or n7-player hence I just export via network or physical connect to the device.