Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:32 am

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

Forum rules

This section is for the users' to post tips (features) on using the X10 not questions like: "How do I add album cover ART?" or "How do I connect to my friend's wifi at the North Pole?" :? - when that could be found in the online manual or on many posts by users.
Thank You

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:16 am 

Hi,
I have owned the x10 for over a year & loaded over 300+ CD music albums.
It's a fantastic unit but I do have one question & would value some advice?

If say I have say 8 CDs of an artist but cannot remember all the album names - am I able to search by the artist, see all the albums & the 'play an album' (by search from artist).

As currently all I see when search by artist is all the music jumbled together, so it's not easy to play a specific album from the artist search. So what I do is search by artist & then scroll to find the album name then exit the menu & re-search for the album.

Also,
Is the a quick way to find the most recent albums added to the x10?
As I might buy 3 albums & load them but then find them a bit difficult to find. If I were able to see the latest added by date this would be good (or am I being dumb & this is on the sort menu)

Anyways, thanks.
t

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:56 pm 

In Setup select Music DB...Display Mode... choose Discography. This puts all albums by a particular artist together
I never sorted by date added so hasn't been an issue with me but I'm sure it's possible?

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 2:24 pm 

FabFreeq wrote:
In Setup select Music DB...Display Mode... choose Discography. This puts all albums by a particular artist together
I never sorted by date added so hasn't been an issue with me but I'm sure it's possible?

Thanks - I see now where I was going wrong in that all the associations need to match exactly for this to bring albums together ( eg The Bealtles vs Beatles would not see those albums linked under Discography).

So, I now have some 'renaming' to do.

Thank you for your help.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 3:25 pm 
Site Admin

clever_trevor wrote:
FabFreeq wrote:

Thanks - I see now where I was going wrong in that all the associations need to match exactly for this to bring albums together ( eg The Bealtles vs Beatles would not see those albums linked under Discography).
Thank you for your help.

Exactly well done,.....i made a comment on this issue ages ago. Users still don't check :)
Use the HELP feature or edit, rename with a keyboard or on the web-interface.
Have a look: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=132
Try and keep the collection unique free from duplicates.
Using your artist " Beatles ", should be only " Beatles ", unless you have another "Beatles & Friends", special album.
Same with Genres and others - Pop vs pop or Hip Hop, Kpop etc....

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 4:00 pm 

Admin wrote:
clever_trevor wrote:
FabFreeq wrote:

Thank you for your help.

Exactly well done,.....i made a comment on this issue ages ago. Users still don't check :)
Use the HELP feature or edit, rename with a keyboard or on the web-interface.
Have a look: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=132
Try and keep the collection unique free from duplicates.
Using your artist " Beatles ", should be only " Beatles ", unless you have another "Beatles & Friends", special album.
Same with Genres and others - Pop vs pop or Hip Hop, Kpop etc....

Hi,
Yes- I did see the other posts but penny did not drop that association was via names which have to 'exactly' match, including any Caps & spacing etc.
Thanks for your help & making this clear,
t.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 4:09 pm 
Site Admin

Yep with database & computer related devices spacing, casing among other things do matter a lot.
It becomes more evident when you accumulate an enormous repertoire like 50,000 albums - especially controlling the songs via a tablet etc

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:41 am 

Hi, I've just read this Tip but following the guide there is no discorgraphy option under display mode on my X10.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:59 pm 

This is an old post, the name was changed :)