Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:49 am

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

Forum rules

Please don't create ANOTHER topic of a question that already exists look for an akin posts/forum.
For example 'Coping music' will be best posted under 'Exporting/Importing Forum'.
Any duplicate posts will be deleted without a reply.
This will make it easier for other users' to find solutions to their queries.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 6:36 pm 

I presently use X10's own amplifier connected to speakers to listen to ripped Cds from HHD. Can I connect the x10 to television or computer inorder to watch and listen to YouTube. If I can what exactly is the procedure (what connections do I use and do I need to set up the X10 from eg Browser). If I can watch YouTube on telly and listen to the songs via X10 through speakers that would be fantastic! Thank you all..

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 9:43 pm 

Don't think you can do that, but you could feed the songs through a laptop/pc via the aux with a 3.5mm jack cable.
For youtube i normally use the cocktail audio pro x100 as it has youtube service, so i can stream songs via my amplifier.
Hope that helps

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 8:02 pm 

Thank you for your reply. Maybe if I upgraded to a NovaFidelity X40 maybe then it would be possible (then I would have to purchase a seperate amplifier or connect it to an active speaker system)?

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 3:31 pm 

Not possible either the novafidelitydevices are not supported in the UK, dumpped or dropped by cocktail audio & the device is the same as the x10 if you want to use the input to play youtube.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:53 pm 

I thought NovaFidelity and Cocktail Audio are same company who simply wanted to market the X40 under a different name (NovaFidelity)?

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:43 am 

It is on their site, not supported brand.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 11:11 am 

x40 not a cocktail audio device tested it last year when a shop tried to sell it to me, very bad(buggy) & i just returned it for a full refund!
Called support & was directed to a phone line, voice mail sygnify, very buggy, the x10 is even better than the x40.
Happy with the pro x100 and was directed by computer audiophiles & hifiwigwam forum.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 7:01 pm 

JAudio wrote:
x40 not a cocktail audio device tested it last year when a shop tried to sell it to me, very bad(buggy) & i just returned it for a full refund!
Called support & was directed to a phone line, voice mail sygnify, very buggy, the x10 is even better than the x40.
Happy with the pro x100 and was directed by computer audiophiles & hifiwigwam forum.

Thank you for the above, I will stick to the Cocktail Audio X10..! I contacted NovaFidelity who confirmed that they have nothing to do with Cocktail Audio. I find it all very strange since on internet they seem to share a site with Cocktail Audio. Also if you look up the review by Soundstage of the X40, it was under the name of Cocktail Audio...? But later reviews have the same model X40 with the same DAC (and other features) under the name of Nova Fidelity. The same DNA is running through and through for me; so what exactly is the situation between the two brands (is it twin brothers who had an argument in Korea and split up..?)