Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:26 pm

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

Forum rules

Please don't create ANOTHER topic of a question that already exists look for an akin posts/forum.
For example 'Coping music' will be best posted under 'Exporting/Importing Forum'.
Any duplicate posts will be deleted without a reply.
This will make it easier for other users' to find solutions to their queries.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:43 am 

Page 13 of my manual says X10 supports up to two(2) partitions. In what way? If I put music into two partitions, will I then have two Music DBs?

Why would anyone want to do this? One thing would be to have all classical music in one Music DB and all contemporary in another. Then be able to listen to random selections of contemporary with getting classical music. Messing about with Genres could achieve something similar, but having on Music DB for each partition would be simpler.

Richard Cooper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:43 pm 

It will just create multiple sections of the HDD1, HDD2....the musicDB will still be one.
You could still listen to classical in random mode via virtual playlist or genre as you have already stated.
I suppose it's a lot easier to enqueue on the pro x100 than the x10...x40 but you get the gist.
Partition was useful when the HDD was too large for the device/OS to format but that doesn't apply now :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:14 am 

Thanks for that, understood. Follow-up question (may be the wrong forum - please redirect me if nec.)

So I can see how I might play my classical music randomly if the Genre field was set to classical (actually it's set to Baroque, Classical, Romantic etc depending on era but I could live with them all changed to Classical), but not my contemporary albums (Genre set to Alternative, Americana, Rock'n'Roll, Sixties, Vocal and several others).

Follow-up question. The manual says I can add tracks or albums to a playlist - can I add Genres to a playlist? If not, I guess I would need to add all my non-classical albums (about 700) to a playlist (one by one, I guess). That would take a very long time using the remote control.

Alternatively, if a create a small playlist using the remote and then edit it using my computer, will the X10 still recognise it?

Note that I don't have a web connection for the X10.

Many thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:29 pm 

You could add the songs regardless of the category or genre style.
see link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfAPHxJKYrE

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:23 am 

I'm sorry if my question was not clear. I want to add all my non-classical albums to a playlist (700 albums). Is there any way to add a whole genre, or must I add one album at a a time?

Or is there any other workaround to add albums in bulk to a playlist?

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:08 pm 

I got the gist.
Just watch the video! :D
EG. Wanna add English renaissance, mahler symphony 2 or Baroque..., you can do that.
Not a huge fan of the way it's programmed but that will do.