Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:56 am

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:08 am 

Hi All,

Apologies if this question has already come up/been answered before....Is anyone able to advise as what options there are out there that would adequately connect an X10 to another "hi-fi" i.e. so as I can stream to another room that already has audio equipment.

There do appear to be many differing devices out there but I'm unsure re compatibility with the X10.

Many thanks in advance

SJAM

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:00 pm 

Yeah but you have to mention the device & what connection type.
What will you be doing & where will the source (songs) be stored?
EG. X30 (movies/songs), would stream the movies via tablet & also use tablet to control songs on X30....

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:39 pm 

Idea is to use my X10 as the source and stream/access music stored on it wirelessly to a device that is connected to another hi-fi in another room using audio cables etc.

Hope that clarifies?

Regards

SJAM

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:58 pm 

What device? :)
eg: 1. X10 with music in another room
2. Another X10/X30 or another device with upnp capability would see the songs on the 1st- X10 & play them....
You could use upnp or SMB (SAMBA) or other compatible network protocols...
Or
If you have a TV, media player, mobile, tablet, ..............all could see the songs & play them.
(Provided they all use the same home/office network else you might need a gateway/port to stream over the internet etc....another level)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:06 pm 

Guess that's my question, what audio/music "device" would folks recommend as a dedicated link (from the X10) to the hi fi (using audio cables, in my kitchen), i.e. vs. using a tablet...there seem to be countless offerings out there, just wondering of there was anything folks have tried and are happy with.

Thanks again!!!

SJAM

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:59 am 

Problem solved, have gone for the Denon CEOL Piccolo DRAN5...this appears to do what I'm looking for...thanks again!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:59 am 

You could also try the Marantz MCR510 Melody Stream or it's bigger brother the MCR610 Melody Media.
Marantz & Denon are owned by the same parent company.

I have the MCR510 which not only looks great, in its two colour options but sounds fantastic. Even when streaming wirelessly from the PC and NAS.
Unfortunately I never tried streaming from the X10 to the Marantz, only to an ipad, which worked perfectly so it shouldn't be a problem.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:57 pm 

Thanks, Bertie...if the Denon doesn't dazzle me, I'll return and give the Marantz a bash..good old Amazon! :D