Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:42 am

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:00 pm 

Anyone know how I can move an album from one folder to another on the DB, in one go? Tag edits only work from song to song, but I don't organize musi by song but by album (X10 seems poorly designed in this regard). Having to rename and move every song is a mess....I haven't even managed to do it...Other than re-ripping the albums I want to move with the new Tag for location ( Jazz 1, Jazz 2, Jazz 3 are my folders) I can't see how to move any albums around. Any suggestings? Cheers....

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:27 am 

If you rename (by sorting in ALBUM mode) the album or use the merge feature ...web-gui.
It is based on metadata, thus moving wouldn't help, unless you deal with the metadata prior to ripping or after ...

Videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/CTAX10/videos

Merge:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1057

HELP:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=132

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:37 am 

I assume you mean that you want to re-tag all the tracks in a certain album, perhaps to a new genre.

I don't think you can do this directly on the X10, except track-by-track, as you say.

You can do it using the web interface:
  1. switch to album view (use the drop-down menu at the top left)
  2. use the search boxes at the top of the list to find the relevant album(s)
  3. click the edit icon on the album cover (looks like a little pencil)
  4. type the new genre (or other tag info) into the field at the top of the relevant column
  5. scroll down and click Save -- wait for a few moments while the X10 updates the database.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:37 pm 

Mikehols wrote:
(From topic: Ripping and playback problem with X10)
If you have figured out how to relabel albums as a whole I'd be grateful for the procedure....in Genre I title my folders Jazz 1 Jazz 2 etc.and want to move some albums from one to another but you can only do this track by track using Tag edit....not whole albums....

All the best
mike

I am not sure what you mean by "my folders".

The X10 database, like most databases, can be configured as you choose, but I think many people find it convenient to use the uploaded Album name as the primary index, and amend it as necessary so that either the Composer or Artist appears first, depending on their priority.

eg "Kind of Blue" could become Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
"The Best of Mozart" becomes Mozart - The Best of
"Horowitz plays Chopin" could be left as is, or perhaps amended to put Chopin's name at the front.

And as already suggested the WebUI process makes it a simple task to amend the AlbumName or Genre for all tracks in an album. If you do not already have them, WebUI instructions can be downloaded from:
http://www.cocktailaudio.co.uk/firmware.shtml

Try both versions of the WebUI to see which you like. I prefer the original version for editing purposes.

Enjoy! You could have a hobby which is as much fun as rearranging a stamp album!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:25 pm 

Thanks billygruff, stane and married to 51...

Glad to hear that it's possible to move whole albums around. Will get on it shortly....by 'folders' I mean 'genre', where I place CDs...as I have so many ( 4000 +) and most of those are Jazz it is slow loading a CD from a 'folder' ( genre label) that has a list of 3000 odd CDs in it, so I break them down into Jazz 1, Jazz 2 etc..... I also name the Artist (e.g. Ben Monder) and the Album ( Ben Monder- Evacuation) by the same first name so that finding albums by artists is easier....(as the 'folder (Album) within a folder (Artist)' option doesn't exist)...Now I want to move hundreds of compilation CDs into their own separate Jazz Compilation folder ( genre)....which I hope to be able to do following your advice...spending as little time as possible on it....

....I am pretty much non-techie and have little patience with software...I expect it do be intuitive and just work as an ordinary punter would expect...but amazing how often that isn't the case....The manual is written by Korean tech guys in English...I had an email exchange with one guy who was very helpful ( cos I had worked in Korea before at a uni he knew)...They really need to get a native speaker technical writer to sit down and rewrite the whole thing, preferably with joe blogs non-tech person sitting with him /her...after all they are the people ( many of them) who buy these things....

Cheers again