Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:55 pm

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

Post subject: Ripping CD's to the X30
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 12:46 pm 

On a few occasions, I have had issues when ripping some cd's to my X30.
Once the cd is inserted and the track names appear, and then selecting the 'menu' key on the remote and selecting 'Ripping All', it will skip the first few tracks and then continue to rip the remainder.
It will then display the message like 'tracks 1,2,3 failed' or similar.
Now if I insert the cd, wait for the track names to appear, then just play the cd, it will play ok.
If I then press the 'menu' key and select 'Ripping All', it will rip the cd with no issues!!
This only happens with the odd disc, but just wondered if anyone else has had similar experiences, either on the X30 or X10?

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 6:17 pm 

Do you have to play the whole CD before it will rip?

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 8:48 pm 

No, apparently not.
I just started to play it, then stopped it and then tried ripping it again, at which it done it with no issues. Its almost as if the x30 doesn't recognise the disc properly at first or something. Really odd. :roll:

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 11:33 pm 

OK tried that but doesn't work on my X10. Worth a go though if anyone else has this problem.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 5:45 am 

With my offending cd's, it appeared to be discs that were either full capacity or near full capacity (79 to 80 minute ones) that seemed problematic. Not all of them but just a few.
will your X10 still play them ok?

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 8:06 am 

Yes they play ok, just won't rip!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:47 pm 

I'm in the process of ripping my CDs to my new x30 and I'm consistently getting a message saying that it hasn't ripped tracks 22 and higher. I've tried playing these tracks (which it does) and then ripping but it won't do it, when either ripping the whole CD or ripping individual tracks. This has happened on every CD I've tried with more than 21 tracks. I have a unit with 2 tb disc pre installed, have only ripped 4 full CDs so far so there's plenty of storage available. If the unit won't rip my CDs properly I can't justify keeping it so I'd welcome any suggestions - thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:31 am 

Rip the CD on your PC with either EAC or CDex (or even iTunes) and then pop it on a USB stick and use Import on the X30 to import the audio files to the X30.

Using the X30 to rip I get about a 95% success t=rate at best - with the above method it's 100%.

What I usually do is rip to WAV with iTunes, copy the WAVs to USB stick for the X30 - then use iTunes to conver the WABs there to AAC 256 for iPod use.

Peter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:27 pm 

Thanks Peter. I tried just copying the missing tracks from a USB stick but couldn't then get them to merge with the existing folder so I ended up re-ripping the whole CD into WAV and copying that. I'm playing the CD now and so far it seems to have worked. If indeed it has I will try and get the correct CD name displayed and the album art too. I hope I don't have to re-rip many of my CDs, that would be tedious, but at least I know what to do so thanks again.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:16 pm 

If you want to re-rip the missing tracks, just make sure you use the "help" feature to merge it or the web-gui also has a merge feature or just tag the metadata the same. Hence all the tracks will end up with the same album, artist, composer etc
If you check their you tube channel, you will learn stuff:
www.youtube.com/user/CTAX10/videos