Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:52 am

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

Post subject: Recording from MP3 CDs
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:09 pm 

I have some music recorded in MP3 on a CD. It doesn't seem possible to rip it as with a normal CD so I tried recording it onto my CAX10 using the auxilliary record function from the browser - without success. I should be very grateful for any information on how it should be done!

John Rowe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:49 pm 

I can't easily test this at present, but does it work if you use the Browser from the main menu screen? Look for an entry called CD, I guess, and then use the "Import to DB" option.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:52 am 

jonothan wrote:
I have some music recorded in MP3 on a CD. It doesn't seem possible to rip it as with a normal CD so I tried recording it onto my CAX10 using the auxilliary record function from the browser - without success. I should be very grateful for any information on how it should be done!

John Rowe

The cd music are recorded as DATA files/Music.
The structure isn't like music cds (for hifi type...), almost like music with folders.
From Browser/CD/hightlight the folders & copy files (to a space on HDD1) or copy to db (add to the MUSIC DB collection).
I wouldn't waste time on AUX :D (delete the lot!!!)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:46 am 

Thanks for your info. I've had limited success! I loaded the MP3 CD, then went into the browser, selected 'CD' and 'copy to DB' All tracks seemed to have copied but I had to do it individually - quite a task because there were 104 of them. I've now found that some are missing... Back to the drawing board.

Jonothan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:56 am 

Thanks Tech1A,

I've just found your reply, it looks as if my mistake was to try to copy all the CD content at one time - I should have highlighted individual tracks to start with perhaps, as some tracks seem to be missing, I'll delete them all and start again! Your advice to delete what I'd saved in 'Aux' sounds about right.

jonothan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:13 pm 

I think there is nothing wrong with copying in one go, but just make sure you are happy with the music.
Press the right arrow to highlight (tracks, folders or albums).
eg, CD/folder/Albums/sub albums/tracks
>>Press right arrow on say folder, will copy the whole lot...(which is fine).

As Tech1A said, there is not point keeping the Aux recordings.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:53 am 

Thanks Stane,

Having read all three responses I now understand a bit more about copying MP3 CDs from the browser. I've deleted whatever was recorded in 'Aux' although I couldn't find what, if anything, had successfully recorded!

Thanks again to you all.

jonothan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:07 am 

jonothan wrote:
Thanks Stane,

Having read all three responses I now understand a bit more about copying MP3 CDs from the browser. I've deleted whatever was recorded in 'Aux' although I couldn't find what, if anything, had successfully recorded!

Thanks again to you all.

jonothan

All the recordings other than CD ripping will be stored in the HDD1/AUX....iradio etc. :)
If you check the "Aux rec" folder you will see them (if you haven't imported them to the Music DB yet).
You can create any folder & dump any files from network, USB, mobile, computer etc.
If you convert the files, the files will moved to the Music db (after tag-edit), else you could just move them when you are ready.