Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:27 pm

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

Post subject: Editing radio recordings
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:42 pm 

Can anyone suggest how I can edit radio recordings. Neither Magix nor Audacity recognise the file format produced by Cocktail Audio, and I am completely baffled by the miasma of file extensions and file converters, none of which (of those I've tried) helps. Needless to say I'm not a techy, and I'm probably making some very trivial mistakes - something simple, please!

I love the little black box - really quirky and endlessly satisfying. And the committment to seemingly endless free improvements is almost unbelievable.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:12 pm 

Just access the tracks and edit the tags/metadata.
For example, say you have recorded a song from a Radio station.
This file (song) be in the "iradio recordings" folder via the browser ICON on the main screen.

The file name will be date stamped with the station name or just the date & time if no information is related to the radio station.

Like: Enter the data or use the help feature to select the relevant information.
Title
Artist (use artist help if the artist already exist on the music db*)
Album (use album help*)
Year
Genre (use genre help*)

Useful information here about using the ARTIST/ALBUM/GENRE help:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=132

Check the manual online from page 62 :
http://cocktailaudio.co.uk/img/X10_Manu ... .0_Eng.pdf

You could use the TAGEDIT button on the remote control, if you select the file.
Even if your press "Tagedit" out side the file (while the main folder is selected the information of the file will pop up on the screen).
Useful if you want to edit files before copying to the Music Db collection.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:19 am 

Many thanks for your very informative and helpful response, which I think addresses the issue of editing the database tag information. I'm also looking for help on how to edit the content of the file - for example, removing unwanted sections of a radio broadcast. I imagined that I could simply copy the file into an editing package like Audacity, and make the necessary changes - but it doesn't seem to be that simple (at least for me)!

But again, thanks for taking the time to respond.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:31 am 

I've just downloaded a clip in MP3, and edited it with Audacity, so it can be done. Some streams are in WMA, and maybe they're a bit more difficult - I haven't managed to play them on my XP computer yet, so perhaps that's your problem?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:32 pm 

I don't understand why I can't replicate your success - my laptop converts the files into a 'Windows Media Audio File' which Audacity can't read. Probably something to do with my laptop setup? Anyway, I've solved my problem by buying a file converter (Switch), which does the trick. If I was more tech-savvy I've no doubt there is a simpler no-cost option - but I'm content!

Thanks for your interest.