Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:20 pm

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:10 pm 

Hi, and still finding my feet with my X30.

I want to use the X30 with an integrated amp and am uncertain how to connect the two.

I'd like to be able to rip vinyl LPs via the amp's phono stage and rip cd's to the X30 using an external CD player as well as use the X30's own ripping facility.

If I take all connections from external components into the integrated amp and then connect that to the X30 using the tape line out socket, how do I take the X30 back to the amplifier for playing purposes?

I hope that makes sense and would appreciate any advice that comes in.

In anticipation,

Thanks for your help

Les

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:53 pm 

X30 to AMP via any digital OUT & any digital IN or Analogue IN to X30 for Lps & other input recordings like cassette DAC etc.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:53 am 

lesh wrote:
I'd like to be able to rip vinyl LPs via the amp's phono stage and rip cd's to the X30 using an external CD player as well as use the X30's own ripping facility.

while I understand that you want to record your vinyl to the X30, I'm confused about what you want to do with the external CD player.
Is it a separate Hi-Fi CD player? as recording from this would not make sense. Or are you wanting to rip on a computer etc and transfer the files to the X30?.
If you know the make and model numbers of the integrated amp and CD player that you are using then that would definitely help. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:20 am 

Bertie Bacon.... the reason I want to use the CD/ DVD player as a vehicle for ripping CDs is to deal with situations where the X30 is faced with copy CDs where tracks are mixed up and I need to select tracks to rip the renaming tagging into a complete music albums.

The amp I'm gonna use is the Marantz PM40 SE and unfortunately, I can't find a pdf of the manual.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:30 am 

MusicSmart.... thanks for coming back. Can you confirm Digital out from the X30 to a line in of the amp? If the X30 employes a DAC which has converted the signal to analogue, shouldn't an analogue out from the X30 to the amp be more appropriate? Sorry to sound so dumb, but I am! :roll:

I summary, the way I see the connections as all of phono, external CD/ DVD player, TV, MP3 to the Marantz line in sockets, Marantz amp to X30 via tape line out sockets to analogue in on the x30 and then an output from the X30 to an auxiliary input on the Marantz.

Comments please

:?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:43 pm 

You can rip individual tracks or a selection of tracks from the same CD / multiple CD's using the X30.
Then edit the album title and track numbers with the web interface. So that they all have the same album title, with the track numbers edited to your preferred order. which would make a complete album from the separate tracks.

This would be the best way to do things as you are actually ripping the tracks (copying the raw digital data from the disc) which can create an exact copy of the data and therefore an exact copy of the music on the disc. This is totally different to just recording the music from a CD / DVD player as you are planning on doing, as the result will be a representation of the information on the disc and not an exact copy.

Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:35 pm 

This uses the X10, but hope you get the gist.
Everyone has their own setup...hopefully with many ports on the X30, you can connect your kits.
I saved the images ages ago when Admin posted it a while ago.

Attachments:
AUX_REC.jpg
AUX_REC.jpg [ 78.7 KiB | Viewed 10060 times ]