Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:02 pm

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

Post subject: Just work logically
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:04 pm 

Hi I would appreciate some help with this issue.

I want to do the following things:

1. See an accurate list of what's on my Cocktail Audio x10 on my Ipad and play music through my amp without using the screen and remote for the x10 - so using the Ipad as a remote control for the Cocktail

2. Tell the Cocktail to stream to my Iphone to be played through a dock in the bedroom, selecting albums, tracks, playlists using my Ipad as above

3. Not spend ages fiddling around and getting frustrated!

So far I have got 70% there with apps like PlugPlayer on Ipad (bought: crashes a lot) and ArkMC Lite or Kinsky on IPhone but the main problem apart from overall reliability is getting the IPhone to play more than 1 track at a time - will only play single tracks from an album, not the whole lot. I want to read a book and listen to music streamed to my Iphone - has anyone actually achieved this simple-sounding but seemingly impossible Nirvana or have I missed the part where the "fun" is in endless geeky fiddling with apps and settings??!

Thanks in advance!

Post subject: Re: Just work logically
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:00 pm 

1. See an accurate list of what's on my Cocktail Audio x10 on my Ipad and play music through my amp without using the screen and remote for the x10 - so using the Ipad as a remote control for the Cocktail

>Posible soln:
Use the web-interface, it allows you to configure the number of albums/artists..... to display per page & also has a virtual remote control too.

Check this link:
http://cocktailaudio.co.uk/firmware/X10 ... R1665c.pdf

Video too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX2226gTs7c

2. Tell the Cocktail to stream to my Iphone to be played through a dock in the bedroom, selecting albums, tracks, playlists using my Ipad as above

>Posible soln:
Best to use an APP & render the songs to the Iphone, therefore the server will be the X10.
It will be at the settings, just say where you want the songs to be directed (from the X10).

3. Not spend ages fiddling around and getting frustrated!

>Posible soln:
Can't help you there i'm afraid, everyone is different :-)

So far I have got 70% there with apps like PlugPlayer on Ipad (bought: crashes a lot) and ArkMC Lite or Kinsky on IPhone but the main problem apart from overall reliability is getting the IPhone to play more than 1 track at a time - will only play single tracks from an album, not the whole lot. I want to read a book and listen to music streamed to my Iphone - has anyone actually achieved this simple-sounding but seemingly impossible Nirvana or have I missed the part where the "fun" is in endless geeky fiddling with apps and settings??!

>Posible soln:
Not a huge fan of apple products, they lock you in. Android is open source....

Thanks in advance!

>
You are welcome.
I have both X10 & X30, & i am happy, Any Q just post.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:45 am 

That's really useful - thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:46 am 

That's really useful - thanks!