Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:17 pm

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

Post subject: imediacontrol
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:56 am 
Site Admin

Any user tried this yet? :)

APP:
http://www.sitecom.com/mobile/apple/imediacontrol/

Post subject: Re: imediacontrol
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:21 pm 

Admin wrote:

I'm using this on my iPad, and so far seems to work really well. Much quicker and less prone to crashing than my previous preferred player PlugPlayer. It's free. Only thing I can't figure out is if I can use it as a remote control to play back music streamed from the x10 to my iPhone that sits on the Bose sound dock (which I could do with PlugPlayer). Otherwise, really good and intuitive interface.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:37 pm 

Not sure what protocol you are using to stream, but "mediarenderer" is for streaming to the device (tab/phone...etc)while the "mediaserver" will allow you to control what to play on the X10. So it should work both ways......
I don't use an APPLE device tab/phone, but i can control the X10 with apps like eyecone,es file explorer, UpnPlay, mediaHouse and many others.
I have even copied movie onto the X10 HDD1 space & stream that to my phone with ease using free apps like ES file explorer & i use SMB, FTP and Upnp depending on the file type (movies/clips..... or music and whether it's at the Music DB or any space on the X10) - & even download songs & movies to the tablet/smart phone.
The only issue with these apps are that you can't control the radio with any app but the X10 (web-interface).
I use android/blackberry apps....& there are many free ones but i find that some can be unstable, it is best to use a better apps free ones (experiment with them).
All very smooth and simple too.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:04 am 

Yes I have tried using this (Sitecom) on my Iphone and it does seem to work well, you can choose which device to output / play the audio on either the phone or x10 by selecting the cog icon on bottom left or the pop up option when playing a track.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:33 am 

There's also DK Player on the App Store for the iPad - you can put tracks you want to play in a playlist and play them directly on the iPad without clogging up the memory with music - you don't have to tie yourself down to one specific album - even keeps the songs in the playlist after you close it - unlike most of the others, which only let you listen to one album at a time or one artist or one genre - or get it to play all the songs - usually eliciting a force close.

In theory, all these apps could be used in multiple tablets - each member of the household could, using headphones, play their favourite music, so that there is no arguments over what gets played.

Gone are the days when kids are forced to listen to endless hours of Jim Reeves, Perry Como, Nat "King" Cole and Dean Martin, when you would rather be listening to Vic Reeves, Katy Perry, Cheryl Cole and Ricky Martin!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:19 am 

Also, there's MediaConnect - that allows you to download the files to something called Persona Library - I am working on putting all my music files into the iPhone - hopefully, it won't clog up the memory.

Pros:

If it doesn't clog up the memory, I should be able to play all my media files on the iPhone on the bus into town or on the train up to Middlesbrough or whatever, without having to go anywhere near my X10 - might even serve as a backup if there's a power failure or my X10 goes all cockamamie! Imagine playing all of them on shuffle!

Also, if it doesn't clog up the memory, it might be the only way I can play my own music on the iPad - has a big memory, but most of it is used up on the individual apps - or on ebooks.

Cons:

Can take ages to download;

You can only play the downloaded files in the app, not in any of the music players (at least, that is the case on iOS - not sure about the Android machines).

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 6:19 pm 

Baroque Fan wrote:
Admin wrote:

I'm using this on my iPad, and so far seems to work really well. Much quicker and less prone to crashing than my previous preferred player PlugPlayer. It's free. Only thing I can't figure out is if I can use it as a remote control to play back music streamed from the x10 to my iPhone that sits on the Bose sound dock (which I could do with PlugPlayer). Otherwise, really good and intuitive interface.

I'd like to do the same: I agree this app seems smooth but I can't control from the Ipad and render on my Iphone (also in a dock). The controller only allows output on the Cocktail or on the device currently running the app. Is there any way of adding another "destination" to this app, or is there an alternative that could achieve this?