Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:09 am

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

Post subject: PlugPlayer Problem
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:10 pm 

Hi, I have a problem with PlugPlayer for iPad. It needs to be configured manually and to do that it needs the "device descriptive URL"which I do not know. The iPad works fine with the Web Gui and can control the cocktail audio, the problem is it does not play the music on the iPad like it does on a Windows laptop (using Media Player). If the Web Gui could play music on the iPad it would be a suitable alternative to Plugplayer. I don't know if this can be enabled.

Post subject: Re: PlugPlayer Problem
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:51 pm 

medders wrote:
Hi, I have a problem with PlugPlayer for iPad. It needs to be configured manually and to do that it needs the "device descriptive URL"which I do not know. The iPad works fine with the Web Gui and can control the cocktail audio, the problem is it does not play the music on the iPad like it does on a Windows laptop (using Media Player). If the Web Gui could play music on the iPad it would be a suitable alternative to Plugplayer. I don't know if this can be enabled.

Found some stuff below, hope it helps:

-Open PlugPlayer and click Devices bottom right, then select your DS as Media Renderer and Twonky as your Media Server

"...........I have a similar situation, PlugPlayer is my control point with a Majik DS as a renderer. If I disable PlugPlayer as a Twonky Media Receiver Twonky still appears as a Media Server in PlugPlayer Devices but the browse option in PlugPlayer shows "Access Denied" with "<unknown> - <unknown>" underneath that.

If that's what you are seeing it might be work checking the Twonky configuration again. Make sure PlugPlayer is ticked and that you click save changes. If that doesn't work try the "Reset List" option on the same screen although note that doing that also seems to cause Twonky to recreate the database as well as reset the Media Receivers list........."

Source: http://forums.linn.co.uk/bb/showthread. ... 627&page=2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:22 am 

Hi, MusicLaScala I really appreciate your response to my query. However, you are talking to someone who a week ago had never heard of UPnP or Samba or a Media Renderer (still not quite sure what that is). I have no idea what a "Twonky", "Majic DS" or "Media receivers List" are! :o

I acquired the Cocktail Audio a week ago and I must say it is a great piece of kit and is working nicely. I discovered that it should be possible for my wife to play the music from the cocktail on her iPad and for that I needed an app like PlugPlayer. Since then no success at all! All I get when opening Plugplayer and going into Devices is an option to manually add the "Device Description URL XML file". Finding out what this is has so far been a mission impossible. :cry:

As far as I can see all the settings in the cocktail are correct and UPnP is switched on.

I can use the WebGui on the iPad, the problem is it will not play music as it does on my Windows laptop (using Media Player). So curently neither the PlugPlayer or WebGui options are working for me! Apart from that enjoying the kit. :D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:08 am 

Not to digress :) ..... the ipad should be able to play (just like any tab).
Even if the PlugPlayer config isn't working well, the web-interface should work fine on a laptop, mobile or tablet.
You should be able to play songs directly via the webinterface.
Check Desktop/Network icon via windows/laptop the X10 will show all the renders/X10/other.......(connected devices):
Have you read the WebUI User Quick Guide (Release Notes)?
Video on you tube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX2226gTs7c