Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:24 pm

All times are UTC


Untitled Document

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: App for PC
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:54 pm
Posts: 25
Hi...

I want to control my X10 from a win laptop / netbook etc...

Is there a remote control method for this - will the X10 run NX Server for instance?

Thanks


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: App for PC
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:38 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:45 am
Posts: 897
gpa wrote:
Hi...
I want to control my X10 from a win laptop / netbook etc...
Is there a remote control method for this - will the X10 run NX Server for instance?
Thanks


Sorry, misunderstood your post :oops: :? :oops:
If you wait until next week, we might have a soln for that.......its impending :idea:
(i am quite sure someone knows a way around that here :) )


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: App for PC
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:39 pm
Posts: 27
Admin wrote:
Sorry, misunderstood your post :oops: :? :oops:

How can we control it using computer? I don't think he meant using X10 as media server and that you play songs on computer, but he was probably asking is there a way to control X10 (which song to play, audio+-)... using other devices.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: App for PC
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:50 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:45 am
Posts: 897
shori wrote:
Admin wrote:
Sorry, misunderstood your post :oops: :? :oops:

How can we control it using computer? I don't think he meant using X10 as media server and that you play songs on computer, but he was probably asking is there a way to control X10 (which song to play, audio+-)... using other devices.

Yeah, the APP thing. :)
Too early 4 me. :lol:
thank 4 the correction Shori


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: App for PC
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:54 pm
Posts: 25
Yes - that's what I meant...

I have my X10 playing via Cambridge Audio DAC into my 200W Yamaha / KEF setup.. So I can hear it all around the house very nicely :)
I would like to be able to control the X10 from another room therefore.. Hence if it supported NX server, or othe VNC type system I could remote control it...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: App for PC
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:54 pm
Posts: 25
Admin wrote: "If you wait until next week, we might have a soln for that.......its impending " ...

Does that mean this week's expected firmware update will support what I want..? :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: App for PC
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:51 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:45 am
Posts: 897
gpa wrote:
Admin wrote: "If you wait until next week, we might have a soln for that.......its impending " ...

Does that mean this week's expected firmware update will support what I want..? :)

Yep.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: App for PC
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:55 am
Posts: 176
Admin wrote:
gpa wrote:
Admin wrote: "If you wait until next week, we might have a soln for that.......its impending " ...

Does that mean this week's expected firmware update will support what I want..? :)

Yep.

Nice - Something we can do with our Wi-Fi Internet radios - Saves the legs!

_________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Image

http://i.imgur.com/Xq7ih.png


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: App for PC
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:54 pm
Posts: 25
Good news.. Thanks!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: