Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:09 pm

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:38 pm 

So I now have my x10 up and running, and I'm looking to potentially get a 3rd-party controller app. The Cocktail web interface is really pretty decent - I love the separate buttons for 'play next' and 'play last' - but it falls down in one area that's important to me: being able to browse in album view and then choose specific songs rather than playing /queuing the entire album. It would also be nice to be able to browse albums by genre, something I don't think is possible with the x10 interface (unless I'm missing something the genre view seems to default to songs rather than albums, which is unwieldy).

I know this has been brought up before on the forum - viewtopic.php?f=22&t=419 - so I'm sure there are other people who want the same features.

I've looked through the forums & on google for anything that will allow me to do this, but haven't been able to come up with a definitive answer. So, if anyone knows of a 3rd party app that has these functions I would be very grateful :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:45 pm 

I use eyecon and Upnplay (android phone).
Fine the eyecon a bit messy but the drag & drop is good.
The X10 web is good for tablets & good for controlling the radio too.
If using the genre play best to use the mobile version, select Music DB & the Genre in A-Z (via a phone).
Having said that any upnp app will work fine, but i find some apps crush the X10 only eyecon & upnp are quite smooth.
Perhaps i need to use a paid version :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:45 pm 

stane wrote:
I use eyecon and Upnplay (android phone).
Fine the eyecon a bit messy but the drag & drop is good.
The X10 web is good for tablets & good for controlling the radio too.
If using the genre play best to use the mobile version, select Music DB & the Genre in A-Z (via a phone).
Having said that any upnp app will work fine, but i find some apps crush the X10 only eyecon & upnp are quite smooth.
Perhaps i need to use a paid version :)

Thanks for the tips. I should probably have mentioned that I'll be using an iPad as the control interface, I don't seem to be able to find eyecon in the app store. Guess the best bet is just to download a few and try them all out...or wait for an update to the web interface ;)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:55 pm 

try this on ipad:
http://www.sitecom.com/mobile/apple/imediacontrol/

Also the ipad is better with the web-interface (especially on safari), have you tried the mobile version (web-interface).?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:01 pm 

I have been looking for a streaming App for my iPad and have drawn a blank so far - all the ones I have tried haven't worked.

On the other hand I have installed Eyecon on my Android phone and it works perfectly, it allows me to do exactly what I want which is play music stored on the phone via the Cocktail - and why do I want to do that? Convenience when I am in one room and the Cocktail is in another and also the selection of music on the Phone is smaller and easier to select from.

Does anyone know an iPad App that is equivalent to eyecon? (PS Sitecom isn't because I have tried it!)

Rgds Ian

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:57 am 

Finally found a great player for iPhone users: Try the Mconnect app from Conversdigital.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:18 pm 

right I've got my mconnect app, and I've found my X10. How do I use it to play my music?

Any guides anywhere?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:20 pm 

Does Mconnect control playing something from my iPhone via X10? I want to do the reverse, control my X10 music using my iphone.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:52 pm 

And just realised, because I'd never tried before, that it already does that. So scrub these messages, everything is well in the world.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:15 pm 

Looks like it might work (Looking at the app info), have you tried the free version 1st?

Cheers