Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:07 am

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:18 pm 

I am a new owner of an X10 - last Thursday - so am still learning about it.

I seem to have initiated a disaster. By Friday evening I had ripped about 25 CDs, some being low cost 'specials' which needed the data entering laboriously by hand with the controller.

I was exploring the functions (actually trying to find out how to make it save my CDs to an alpahabetic artist list rather than by consecutive times of ripping) when I did something by accident which appears to have wiped hard drive. The symptoms are:-

I 'OK' the 'Music DB' icon, and get the message 'Album Not Found !'

I put a CD in the slot and 'OK' the 'CD Play/Rip' icon and get the 'Track 1, Track 2 etc.' messages. The CD starts to rip but no CD information appears.

I should be grateful if anyone could diagnose what I have done and, hopefully' advise what I have to do to correct it.

Regards, and thanks Johncolt

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:19 pm 

(Delete the whole LOT - setup/system & HDD format)
Start well and finish well :)
I am new but have read a lot of stuff and learnt how to use the device.
Assuming you have deleted the whole lot - someone had to have pressed or selected delete or formatted the internal HDD.
For what i have read on this forum, it is best to rip cds in a correct manner:

1. Insert cd
2. Select icon & view metadata
3. Use the menu (not the rip key)
4. Select options & check metadata
5. Edit metadata or use help feature to create consistency (if the details already exist else later)
6. Add art etc & rip

There is a SORT & category display mode. For instance I have chosen to display by the artist with their albums (discography).
This way one artist could have 10 albums & i wouldn't need to display them all to confuse matters on the screen :)
Also i use the sort to arrange them in "A-Z".
I use the jump search etc.

See the posts I have found:
1. SORT: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=131
2. Ripping: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=132
3. Art: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=133

Try reading the manual online or firmware information page is even better:
http://www.cocktailaudio.co.uk/manual.shtml

http://www.cocktailaudio.co.uk/firmware.shtml

Another thing i have noticed is that X10 remembers your actions.
So somtimes going back to the music bd, might display an old selection or msg, to refresh, just select the option again.
For example from music db, press menu/Album & menu album again to show the latest music.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:42 am 

It does sound unfortunately like you have wiped the hard disk. (Did you perhaps pick the format option?)

If that's really true, the only way to get your music back is to restore a backup, or to re-rip the CDs.

The fact that no CD info is turning up implies that you don't have a valid internet connection available. (The X10 normally looks the CD database info up online.) It might be worth checking that first. If you can't get an internet connection on the X10, you can use a static copy of the CD database, which you can download on your PC from http://www.cocktailaudio.co.uk/freedb.shtml.

Good luck!