Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:23 pm

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:10 pm 

Hi. Can anyone who's used an SSD/IcyDock combo tell me if there's a trick to successful installation? I put my SSD into the IcyDock (MB882SP - the 'enclosed' version) and, to the best of my ability, made sure the SSD was properly fitted i.e. pushed up hard against the IcyDock connectors. Alas, once inserted to the X10, no drive was found.

I'm currently using the X10 with the SSD but with no IcyDock. Installation like that was a breeze. However, I'd prefer to use the IcyDock so that the SSD isn't loose inside the X10.

Regards

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:04 pm 

Try formatting it first & see...(also check the connectors are well fitted).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:28 am 

Hi ajct. Sensible suggestions but, unfortunately, to no avail. Not to worry, the SSD is perfectly safe inside the X10 without any support. I didn't realise it would be so light. The IcyDock is going back for a refund.

For the X10, an SSD is much better than an HDD. The main benefit being the total silence during operation. I'd recommend one to anybody thinking of it. With luck, prices will come down over time as usually happens with new hardware.