Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:07 pm

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

Post subject: CD Ripping
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:30 am 

I have recently bought the X10 and am attempting to rip cd's to it. Everything is connected correctly and I have broadband radio OK however, when I attempt to rip a cd I get a message "music DB storage is not mounted" any suggestions please.

Post subject: Re: CD Ripping
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:01 am 

Yes - If you are not au fait with the idiosyncrasies of the X10, use a PC, much less hassle!

http://i.imgur.com/Xq7ih.png

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:57 am 

A few things to check, some of which might appear rather basic, but just in case...
  1. Do you have a hard disk installed in the X10? (This is what it is looking for as the "music DB storage".)
  2. Is the X10 configured to use the hard disk for its database? Check this by going to Setup -> Music DB -> Storage, and making sure that "Internal HDD" is ticked.
  3. Is the hard disk formatted correctly and ready for use by the X10? You can try Setup -> System -> NTFS Fix, or if there is nothing already on the disk you want to keep, you could use Setup -> System -> HDD Format.
  4. Are the connectors (power and data) properly pushed into the hard disk? The instruction manual (http://www.cocktailaudio.co.uk/manual.shtml) shows you how to open the access to the hard disk on page 14. Give the two plugs a push with your finger to make sure they clipped into place.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:01 pm 

Hi and thanks for that. I've had the hard drive out and back in and reconnected. tried a couple of different cds to no avail. Anyone got any other suggestions before it goes back to the shop

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:00 am 

You don't say whether you followed all marriedto51's suggestions - if you have then it looks like a return-to-the-shop job. Is it your HDD or a ready-fitted one? If yours, it may be faulty. Can you try another HDD or an external USB connected HDD? (you'll have to change 'storage' in the menu to do that).