Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:31 pm

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:16 pm 

Hi, I have had my cocktail for about 3 weeks now and i am starting to get to grips with it now but i appear to have an ongoing problem.
It actually happened the first time i turned it on but it had only happened once more until last night when it happened 2 more times and again this evening.
The problem is when i turn it on it does not always find the HDD it takes longer to start up and when it does you have Query Error in the Music DB and when you look in the Browser the HDD does not show up then you have to turn it off and back on again sometimes more than once. Anybody got any ideas ? :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:56 pm 

tonemog wrote:
Hi, I have had my cocktail for about 3 weeks now and i am starting to get to grips with it now but i appear to have an ongoing problem.
It actually happened the first time i turned it on but it had only happened once more until last night when it happened 2 more times and again this evening.
The problem is when i turn it on it does not always find the HDD it takes longer to start up and when it does you have Query Error in the Music DB and when you look in the Browser the HDD does not show up then you have to turn it off and back on again sometimes more than once. Anybody got any ideas ? :roll:

HDD connectors might be loose.
Remember HDD are very fragile, don't go touching the stuff all the time.
There is always a warnings about exposing the stuff to static even with computers too.
I think ur HDD might be 10% faulty - have it checked.
Can you see it on a computer??? USB???

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:19 pm 

Hi, Yes i have checked the connectors and they are fine. It does work in USB mode although i have never tried when it hasnt shown on the X10 my guess is it would not show in USB in that situation. I didnt fit the HDD the supplier Selwyn Electronics fitted it. One thing that was suggested by a friend is that maybe the hard drive isnt spinning up fast enough to be detected by the X10 on start up. 8-)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:16 pm 
Site Admin

tonemog wrote:
Hi, Yes i have checked the connectors and they are fine. It does work in USB mode although i have never tried when it hasnt shown on the X10 my guess is it would not show in USB in that situation. I didnt fit the HDD the supplier Selwyn Electronics fitted it. One thing that was suggested by a friend is that maybe the hard drive isnt spinning up fast enough to be detected by the X10 on start up. 8-)

Nope i think you need to test it with a new one or send the HDD back.
Its definitely faulty-ish :idea:
(they will sort is out ASAP)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:03 pm 

I have a similar problem except the internal HDD does not show at all. I have also tried another HDD with the same result.

The problem only started when I updated the X10 to R1760, which resulted in the query error message.
I went to run recovery but nothing happened. The X10 cannot see the internal HDD. There is nothing wrong with the HDD as I can see it and edit/format it on the PC.
The X10 can see and use the HDD when it is plugged into a powered docking station and connected via usb, as external storage.
I have tried reinstalling R1760 and R1692 but still have the same problem.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:44 pm 

I have now tried everything that I can think of.

Three different hard drives.
Three different SATA cables.
Restoring to factory settings.
Installing previous firmware versions.
Reinstalling R1760, many times.

And the X10 still won't recognise the internal HDD, the option in the settings remains greyed out.
The hard drives that I have tried all spin and you can hear the X10 trying to access them, so I don't think that this is a hardware or power issue.

With an external USB hard drive or memory stick everything works perfectly.

Any ideas on this please Admin?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:04 pm 

I have been experiencing the same problems and have had the unit "fixed" by Selwyn Electronics twice. I have tried to explain to them that the hard drive is not being found and even got the same message when I installed a new one. There does not appear to be any power going to the hard drive but all Selwyn appear to have done is reinstall the latest firmware. I am at my wits end and seriously thinking of cutting my losses and just binning the unit.
Any assistance/ advice would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:08 am 

Spaniel wrote:
I have been experiencing the same problems and have had the unit "fixed" by Selwyn Electronics twice. I have tried to explain to them that the hard drive is not being found and even got the same message when I installed a new one. There does not appear to be any power going to the hard drive but all Selwyn appear to have done is reinstall the latest firmware. I am at my wits end and seriously thinking of cutting my losses and just binning the unit.
Any assistance/ advice would be greatly appreciated.

Did you explain the matter to seller - i think it was signify (they probably haven't got a clue)?
Just return it or complain to cocktail audio UK about the service.
Make sure you state the matter emphatically.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:19 pm 

[Deleted]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:21 pm 

Don't see how that would help:
Some info:
http://37.122.211.190/AV10/BlogLNKS/X30 ... lution.pdf

Some images on their pinterest:
http://www.pinterest.com/CocktailAudioU ... x30-model/