Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:20 pm

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:44 pm 

Hi i am thinking of buying an X10 but after looking at the price of a unit with the hard drive fitted i find myself asking why it is so expensive. if you buy a unit without the 1Tbyte drive it is £180 pounds cheaper and the cost of buying the drive seperatley is only about £90. Is there a reason why a pre installed drive is so expensive ? is it a high end drive ? Does anybody know what make and model they fit as standard ? I would appreciate it if someone could answer these questions for me before i go ahead and purchase one.
Cheers, Tony.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:57 pm 

tonemog wrote:
Hi i am thinking of buying an X10 but after looking at the price of a unit with the hard drive fitted i find myself asking why it is so expensive. if you buy a unit without the 1Tbyte drive it is £180 pounds cheaper and the cost of buying the drive seperatley is only about £90. Is there a reason why a pre installed drive is so expensive ? is it a high end drive ? Does anybody know what make and model they fit as standard ? I would appreciate it if someone could answer these questions for me before i go ahead and purchase one.
Cheers, Tony.

When I bought my x10, hdd's were cheaper. I read on "audio sanctum's" website & technology websites about the hdd prices souring - due to the Thailand floods.
i bought mine with the hdd, so if anything were to go wrong, i could just have the hdd & the X10 replaced or fixed.
Its a matter of choice though - i had a WD 2TB SATA 6Gbps Power Saving Internal Hard Drive - Caviar Green, 7200rpm.
Its still quite dear getting hdds but if you intend to buy the hdd separately don't buy from the cheap sources .......... :idea: