Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:04 am

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:55 pm 

I have a Cocktail Audio x30 that I've been using since 2016 with no trouble. I use Western Digital 4TB MY Book external backup devices to backup my database as well as the albums I've recorded. I tried to access one of my backups a while ago and my CA did not recognize the USB device. When I went to the browser it didn't show up at all. When I looked at the same device on my Windows 10 home computer, it looked fine and I could see the files I previously backed up from my Cocktail Audio. This just happened with another WD external drive last week, and again it looks fine on my home computer. These are both backup drives I had used on the CA before with no trouble, so I can't imagine why it doesn't recognize them now. The USB ports on my CA are fine, as other drives are recognized. I don't think the drives went bad because my home computer can find them and also I bought a brand new drive today and it is not recognized either. Any help would be greatly appreciated

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:33 pm 

So are you having issues with the new drives or old drives?
Have you thought about formatting them via your PC?
As long as you have a backup, you can always copy or dump the files across. Copying across with x30 is a bit intricate compared to the pro x100 but at least you have the files.
What file system is the had on the x30?