Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:47 am

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

Forum rules

Please don't create a topic for JUST any question, look for an akin post/forum.
For example 'PHP scripts' or webinterface issues will be best posted under 'Web-Interface related Forum'.
Any duplicate posts will be deleted without a reply.
This will make it easier for other users to find the solutions to their queries.

Post subject: USB problem
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:00 pm 

I've been using the X10 for years with no problems, but today I've connected it to my computer with a USB cable and it's frozen. It shows 'Preparing USB', which changes to 'In USB mode' and then it's stuck. It won't move from there, nor will it switch off using the button on top or the Remote : it can only be switched off at the back. Any suggestions on what to do next would be greatly appreciated. Norfolk

Post subject: Re: USB problem
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:27 pm 

Yes - it is meant for accessing the hard drive, so the x10 will not respond to any commands.
What are you trying to do Norfolk38?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:50 pm 

I have Mp3 files on my computer hard disk and I want to transfer them to the X10 database. According to page 63 of the user manual, if the two machines are connected by USB leads I should be able to access, through the browser, my computer hard disk in order to make the transfer. Or am I missing or misunderstanding something? Norfolk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:59 pm 

the browser of the pc/laptop not the device interface icons - should be clear now :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:04 pm 

Many thanks - I think I'm getting somewhere (very slowly) ! You're very patient. I realise that the problem is no longer strictly technical but it follows on.

I've made the connexion, chosen an album in my Download Folder, copied it into the DB of the X10, and can see in the browser of my computer that it is on the DB, listed as RES1011_AAC_256.zip. However, it doesn't come up in the alphabetical list of albums under 'R'. I need to be able to have all the tracks (by several different composers) listed together under the title of the album itself, which is 'Jaquet's Ghost'. If I can solve this one, I can then carry on with other albums.

I shall be very grateful if you can sort me out on this - a page number in the Manual will do, if there is one - I haven't spotted anything myself that seems to deal with it.
Norfolk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:49 pm 

Check out this old clip:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ab2G8GnZmts

Dump the copied songs next to the ".DB" & then use the menu to copy to the musicdb. :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:18 am 

Thanks for staying with me. I'm afraid I still have not managed it.

When I go into Windows Explorer in Windows 10, I just get a list which shows the X10 as Local Disc H, with several sub-folders, the first being .DB, then .http, but no HDD1 is listed. And what does 'next to' mean when you say copy the folder 'not to the .DB folder, but next to the folder' ? If I put the curser next to ie alongside .DB it just copies into .DB. I looked at the video clip and I'm not getting the windows and programs that are shown on it - I presume it's a much earlier version of Windows and things have changed.

Can you sort me out ? I wait in hope!
Norfolk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:30 pm 

Yes that was an earlier version , dump the songs into the HDD.
The songs will be at the browser section, when you disconnect the PC.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:48 pm 

Thanks, but I'm afraid you're not understanding my problem. In Windows Explorer on the computer, the list of sub-folders for Local Disk H (ie the X10) does not contain HDD1, so there is no way of putting anything into it on the computer, nor copying or moving it from .DB which is certainly there. If I remove the USB link and use the X10 controls, I do have HDD1 within the X10 browser but it only contains 'I Tunes', 'New Firmware', and 'Recovery'; there's no way to access .DB, where the folder originally. And when you say 'dump' does that mean 'copy' or 'move' ?
Sorry to have to go on like this, but I'm not a computer buff and I find this quite baffling.
Norfolk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:24 pm 

Just dump the files next to the .DB folder - simple. :)
Hence the point i made earlier will make sense.
(Just as the clip shows)

1. copy some folders or songs
2. paste them next to the .db
3. disconnect & view via browser on the box interface/icons
Use the commands on the keyboard if you can't control your cursor

generic microsoft windows:
copy = hold ctrl & press c
paste = hold ctrl & press v