Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:58 am

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

Forum rules

Please don't create a topic for JUST any question, look for an akin post/forum.
For example 'PHP scripts' or webinterface issues will be best posted under 'Web-Interface related Forum'.
Any duplicate posts will be deleted without a reply.
This will make it easier for other users to find the solutions to their queries.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:54 pm 

My apologies, I wrongly assumed that you were loading the X10 from a backup copy and not your original files.
While it is possible to rename the files and folders back to their original configuration using mp3tag (assuming that you have used a consistent naming scheme on your original files), so that you can compare the two sets using a file comparison programme. The fact that you would have to copy the whole lot from the X10 to another drive in order to do this basically rules that option out.
If you do know which songs were not copied to the X10 (or at least part of the name of each song) then you could search for them using the filter in mp3tag.
I don't really Know why the "song exists" error comes up. I'm guessing that either the tags or filename from a track exactly match an existing entry, although I would expect that different folder names are taken into account here. Either way, unless you can locate the missing tracks so that you can check whether they are tagged or named the same as any existing entries. Then I can't see how you can get any further with this.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:22 pm 

You say "If you do know which songs were not copied to the X10 (or at least part of the name of each song) then you could search for them using the filter in mp3tag."

Well, that's exactly my problem, that is exactly what I want to find out - which songs are missing. One way I can imagine I might find where the problem is would be to empty the X10 and start again, then load the albums in small groups and wait for a group to generate the error, then delete all of that group and break it down into smaller groups, until I have a group small enough to check mp3 by mp3. Grr.

Or maybe I could create a backup database and then group the files in that into the same folder groups as my source disk, and count the mp3s by loading them group-by-group into mp3tag (which of course only loads the mp3s and not the extraneous jpegs and other files that the X10 creates). Maybe that's the simpler option.

The more I use my X10 the more I prefer my Brennan JB7 - at least the software is predictably rubbish and not intermittently good like the X10.

OK, enough of this, I have some manual checking to do.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:46 am 

OK. Last suggestion. Use a duplicate scanner on your original files.
Similarity is a programme that will match audio files by tags and display the results as a percentage. So anything with 100% matching tags could be a duplicate, although the audio files may be different. If you find any that are 100% or near then you could copy these to the X10 first, to see if it flags them as already existing.
http://www.similarityapp.com/

The free version does have some limitations but as you are only looking for a couple of matching tracks then it should not be a problem.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:47 am 

OK, thanks for the tip on similarity. I'll try that - but first I'll need to reload all my music again, as I've just been through and noticed a load of other problems (of my own making) with bad tags, which I'm busy fixing (on my computer) with mp3tag.