Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:54 am

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

Forum rules

Please don't create a topic for JUST any question, look for an akin post/forum.
For example 'PHP scripts' or webinterface issues will be best posted under 'Web-Interface related Forum'.
Any duplicate posts will be deleted without a reply.
This will make it easier for other users to find the solutions to their queries.

Post subject: How Do You Turn it Off?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:16 pm 

I've had my X10 for a couple of days now and all it seems useful for is as a paperweight. After my initial set up to my internet hub I tried to turn the unit off but all that happened was a wine glass appeared on the screen and a curser moved back and forth. So I assumed that it was maybe updating from the internet so I left it, and left it and at 2.am in the morning I finally turned it off at the main switch on the back as none of the other controls worked - including the remote.

Yesterday I tried ripping a CD - HA! It didn't rip - it just played the CD and now the CD is in the machine and I can't get it out. I did manage to turn it off though.

This afternoon I thought I would work through the manual - the PDF one, the one supplied is illegible to anyone with less than 20/20 vision - and when I decided that I was getting nowhere I selected 'Home' on the remote and the unit went back to the wine glass and there is no reaction to control inputs. So what now? Turn it off at the main switch? Surely this cannot be good for the machine.

To say that I am disappointed with my purchase would be an understatement so before I return the unit for a refund is there anyone out there able to help?

Finally - why do I have to go to a forum for help - where is the product support? £500 deserves a little customer help or am I being a silly old person?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:31 pm 

Why not call cocktail audio uk & chat with someone.
0208-942-0111

You stated you couldn't rip, what steps did you follow?
Did you press eject on the remote or the top?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:09 pm 

Thank you responding Stane.

Now that I have a phone number I will try and get some help that way; but until they open up at 0930 Monday. Which still leaves me with the question re turning it off. It is still just sitting there showing a wine glass, curser going from side to side.

As for ripping? Academic now, all I want is my CD back and I will most likely return it as not fit for purpose, claim a refund and soldier on with my aged Phillips streamer.

ATB

Allan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:05 pm 

Just flick the switch on the back.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:16 pm 

@AllanB i don't know why you can't turn off the switch :)
You probably need something straightforward, try the Pro X100, i have given up on the whole DB business & bad software/backup.
The Cocktail Audio Pro X100 (concept is much better) is rip & enjoy network player stress free :idea: :D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:47 pm 

@tech1a Been looking at the info, seems like a nice device.
Most high-ends have that concept & interface. Much easier to add & remove features as compared to the X40, X12 etc
Good comparison too:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1333

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:08 pm 

Thank you one and all for your suggestions and advice, I appreciate your taking the time to help out.

FWIW I did eventually switch the unit off (3 different times) using the switch at the back. Trouble is; I thought that by cutting off the mains I would have to reset up the internet and so on and I couldn't find any advice in the instructions.

However it is all rather academic. I decided that the unit was not what I wanted; I was not comfortable with its operation and it all seemed far too techie for an old fogie like me. Thus I returned it this morning by mutual agreement.

After the holiday break I will again look at similar devices - with the emphasis on easy to use - the Pro 100 could be in the running and I will download the PDF first before committing myself.

Again, thank you all. Have a happy and peaceful Christmas holiday.

Allan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:38 pm 

Oh no not him again!

In an era where everyone knocks anything and everything I thought it a good idea to say how delighted I am with the service I have received from the Amazon/AVING partnership in handling my return of goods.

Permission received to return X10 Monday a.m., In post - express delivery (Tracked) by 1015 - and refund on way to my bank p.m. Wednesday. Brilliant service.

Just thought you'd like to know.

Allan