Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Tue May 11, 2021 7:15 am

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

Forum rules

Please don't create a topic for JUST any question, look for an akin post/forum.
For example 'PHP scripts' or webinterface issues will be best posted under 'Web-Interface related Forum'.
Any duplicate posts will be deleted without a reply.
This will make it easier for other users to find the solutions to their queries.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:13 pm 

Hi on a latest firmware x12, all BBc live radio stations, cut out after a few seconds and crash back to menu.

podcasts are fine, and other station in reciva are fine.

has bbc stopped this service?

any help would be appreciated

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:46 pm 

Hi why not try, using playlists, could be the service is down.
Sony or BBC had some changes which has affected some BBC links...i use the Pro X100 so it is quite easy to add any station or find some.
I am sure the model you are using is similar. Just save the links as PLS & access & add to FAV. There are many BBC Radio High quality station links if the service via a device is temporarily unstable.
LINK:
https://www.hifiwigwam.com/forum/topic/ ... -stations/

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:04 am 

Hi all,

not that simple I'm afraid. The BBC has changed the way it streams audio and it's now not available on most streaming aggregator sites, including Reciva and Tunein:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/help/quest ... on-changes

To make matters worse, Reciva is going offline:

https://radios.reciva.com/

so if you have a X10 (as I do) or a X12, you won't have streaming radio services any more. I contacted Cocktail Audio and asked them for a firmware update and got the following reply:

"It's a pity that X10 has discontinued the very old model, so we could not update firmware of this model.

You are recommended to purchase our new model like X14."

So, naturally I asked what will happen when the X14 is discontinued - no reply. I asked for the source code so I could write my own aggregator update - no reply.

So, when your Cocktail Audio device is discontinued, you are screwed. They do not support their own legacy products. Serves me right for being an early adopter, I should have known better. My advice is, in future, spend a little more and buy a device from a reputable manufacturer.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:05 pm 

drdiode wrote:
Hi all,

not that simple I'm afraid. The BBC has changed the way it streams audio and it's now not available on most streaming aggregator sites, including Reciva and Tunein:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/help/quest ... on-changes

To make matters worse, Reciva is going offline:

https://radios.reciva.com/

so if you have a X10 (as I do) or a X12, you won't have streaming radio services any more. I contacted Cocktail Audio and asked them for a firmware update and got the following reply:
"It's a pity that X10 has discontinued the very old model, so we could not update firmware of this model.
You are recommended to purchase our new model like X14."
So, naturally I asked what will happen when the X14 is discontinued - no reply. I asked for the source code so I could write my own aggregator update - no reply.
So, when your Cocktail Audio device is discontinued, you are screwed. They do not support their own legacy products. Serves me right for being an early adopter, I should have known better. My advice is, in future, spend a little more and buy a device from a reputable manufacturer.

Hi, that reply isn't from any of our team UK team members, looks like you contacted Asia for support, we have separated & do not support X12, X14 ...in the UK. We only support devices on the UK cocktail website not Novafidelity.
Also with the radio, you can simply add radio playlists without having to purchase another device, there are many links on adding radio station. Contact the UK support team not Asia or Novafidelity these aren't official UK Cocktail Audio. Thank you

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 3:11 pm 

Hello All

Has anybody found a method of accessing BBC radio on the X10? I appreciate that Reciva is no longer supported

I have read this solution (from Audio Andrex):-

Just save the links as PLS & access & add to FAV. There are many BBC Radio High quality station links if the service via a device is temporarily unstable.
LINK:
https://www.hifiwigwam.com/forum/topic/ ... -stations/

Sorry I do not understand the term 'PLS'

For X10 users could a step by step method be described for this or any other viable option

Thank you all, in anticipation

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 5:44 pm 

Hello All,

Just a small update, it seems to me that to use the links advised by Audio andrex..... on my laptop I needed to install the VLC media player, then if I entered the link on search bar the station played.
Sadly this process still leaves me wondering what to do with my X10 (I now figure PLS = Playlist)

Hopefully someone has figured it out

Thanks again if anyone can offer some insight

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 1:48 pm 

@Frenchjaguar,
You need to copy the station you like & save it as m3u, .pls, ... (if you find .m3u8, change it to .m3u)
If you use ProX100, then you can use many versions such as m3u8, .pls, many other playlists.
For proX100, you don't need to bother, there are thousands of stations...

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 3:45 pm 

Frenchjaguar wrote:
Hello All,

Just a small update, it seems to me that to use the links advised by Audio andrex..... on my laptop I needed to install the VLC media player, then if I entered the link on search bar the station played.
Sadly this process still leaves me wondering what to do with my X10 (I now figure PLS = Playlist)

Hopefully someone has figured it out

Thanks again if anyone can offer some insight

There are so many radio playlists online, you can save them onto a USB or directly onto the device via network .
You do not need the service provider, i think Admin link here is useful:
LINK -> : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=42

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 4:11 pm 

Hello All

Thank you freemartial and stane for advice.

May I seek a little more help, I understand that I should pick a station and post the http *.* link on my X10.

The question is where to post it, I am a novice with these things so don't want to mess up any other functions, have adopted to Virgin radio to fill the gap on X10 - this still functions on Reciva.....who knows for how long

So to fix the BBC problem:

Do I go into Playlist or i-Service / Setup (presumably to add a line option to 'Reciva i-Radio' ) on Internet Service, what route (what to press on handset) do I take when in there?
If I press Setup on Reciva i-radio X10 goes to Network Service, O.K. there goes to Ftp server, or I can scroll to Samba / Web / UPnP server, but do not fancy exploring these in case I upset my X10 applecart
or
do i put the station links on a USB stick and access from Browser?

Thank you again - in anticipation

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 6:41 pm 

Hi Frenchjaguar,
These are quite common, you can create the files, copy them online , save them use them forever as long as the station doesn't change their IP address...i have some stations that i have used for ages but can't locate their names.
Almost all stations provide their dynamic radio link (so you do not have to use an APP or website to play).
You can find all station BBC/UK, American, Canadian, Africa etc
1. Find the radio playlist (.pls, m3u, m3u8,acc etc)
2. You can use the URL or save it on your mobile, USB, server, PC etc
3. Play it on any device, APP, etc
Example attached has only 2 file types .pls & .m3u , save copy to your device, play it & add it to your bookmark or favourites (depending on your device option). :idea:

Attachments:
radio.jpg
radio.jpg [ 262.58 KiB | Viewed 17 times ]