Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:36 pm

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:36 pm 

I have ripped over 1000 CDs on to X10 and would like to make printed lists of contents, so that I don't always have to turn on PC or scroll in X10 -I really find size of display VERY SMALL.
Any one have any tips on how to go about this? :!: Can it be done simply? :?:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:37 pm 

Hi Brian, this is the easiest way to do it.
Open the web interface on your computer and choose the view you would like for the printed list (album view would be my choice). Right click anywhere on the page and this will bring up a box with a print option. Choosing print will bring up the configuration page, change the destination to your printer if necessary and then press print.
I would just print one page to start with to see if you are happy with the results, especially as the text is in a very light grey colour.

One A4 page shows about 12 albums so printing a list of 1000 albums will use a lot of paper and ink.

Using the new web interface [0.9.8.2.a - preview]. I have printed the list in the picture below, viewing by album. Ensure that the albums are sorted by A-Z before you print.
There are other ways of printing a list of your music files but it isn't exactly simple http://www.cocktailaudio.co.uk/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1110&start=0

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:19 am 

...Or Just adjust the page (settings - webGUI) to view less albums on each section. For example 10 or ...100 Albums per page.
Or Just hold CTRL + Wheel to ZOOM in & OUT ...

There is already a page about printing:
http://www.cocktailaudio.co.uk/Forum/vi ... f=17&t=633

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:46 am 

stane wrote:
...Or Just adjust the page (settings - webGUI) to view less albums on each section. For example 10 or ...100 Albums per page.
Or Just hold CTRL + Wheel to ZOOM in & OUT ...
Both of these suggestions only change the view on the screen and do not alter the layout when printing.

I have noticed that using the original web interface and the print tab, will print out a page in plain text. This may be a better choice, as it does fit a lot more information on the page.
I don't think that the plain text list or the one with artwork are exactly ideal, and perhaps the next web interface could provide some layout options for anyone wanting to print a list.